Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all horror fans for suggestions!
Right then. I'm a huge fan of the horror genre, especially when its presented through the written word.

In my 26 years on earth, I've devoured books by just about every major horror author you can name...Stephen King, Clive Barker, Ramsey Campbell, Peter Straub...you name it, I've most likely read it.

That being said, I'm looking for some new material to read and sate my bloodlust :biggrin:

So then my fellow horror aficionados, my question is do you have any recommendations for a grizzled, vet of the genre? I'm looking for lesser-known names in the field in particular.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated Confusedmile:

Looking for a fright? Try this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Shore-Thing-Nicole...gy_b_img_b

Toby Wrote:Looking for a fright? Try this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Shore-Thing-Nicole...gy_b_img_b

I'm looking for a fright dude...not permanent mental scars :biggrin:

EXQUISITE CORPSE
DRAWING BLOOD
LOST SOULS

all by Poppy Z. Brite.

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS by Wayne Simmons. A special breed of zombie.

THE HOLLOWER by Mary SanGiovani. (A faceless entity who haunts those depressed and wanting to kill themselves.)

I'll try to think of others for you.

Thanks Blue, I'll look into some of those Confusedmile:

For starters:
Necroscope
Necroscope II: Vamphyri!
Necroscope III: The Source
Necroscope IV: Deadspeak
Necroscope V: Deadspawn

by Brian Lumley

I am not one for suggesting a certain book , but I will suggest some authors that have thrilled and delighted me .

William Golding ,Anne rice ,Scott B. Smith ,Dean koontz ,Poppy Z. Brite , David Seltzer, Richard Laymon, , Charlaine Harris, Stephen King ,Suzanne Collins, Terry Goodkind , Raymond E. Feist.

Edward Lee if you like blood and gore (The Bighead being a personal favourite and the only book i've ever had to set aside until the nausea passed Wink his Infernal series is all kinds of awesome too!
Eric S Brown his Bigfoot War books are kick-ass!
If you don't mind 'way out there' stuff (more splatter punk) Carlton Mellick iii is a must ...i'd recommend Zombies and Shit, Cannibals of Candyland or Apeshit Smile
And of course Richard Laymon just about everything by that great man is highly recommended! Xyxthumbs

Thanks again guys Confusedmile: I think I have a good idea of what to look for next (Poppy Z Brite looks very promising)

I would recommend Poppy Z Brite too. Lost Souls was a good read.