Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we take a minute and congratulate Andy?
I'd personally like to give [MENTION=1]Andy[/MENTION] some recognition. This guy has been like, the Admin of the Decade. From what I saw, he started this whole thing back in 2002, and he's been doing a great job so far!

I know it's a little late for Thanksgiving, but I propose we all mention something about GS that we really like, a favorite thread, best advice, even a relationship that started with another Member from GS.

This guy has been awesome and given us someplace that isn't Grindr (or the like) to talk to fellow gay/bi/straight/etc men/women/trans/etc from all walks of life without feeling like you're busting nude out of the closet into a herd of horny bears on your first Rendezvous trip (oh, memories).

Anhwho, thank you [MENTION=1]Andy[/MENTION]. Bow I appreciate you.

Another thread that got lost..

Absolutely. .
Thanks Andy..

Should I send him my latest...

Never mind ..

i agree. this site is great and unique. a nice little intimate corner on the internet. thanks, Andy. Smile
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Thanks for everything you do Andy, much appreciated!

Having toyed around a few years ago with running my own forums I can say it isn't easy, takes a lot of patience and if you're lucky you end up with a community like this one.

You can actually see part of what I had and in hindsight what the heck was I thinking lol I never finished things and really did a tacky job...unfortunately phpBB isn't part of their snapshot so can't see the forums. I think my site might have had a few thousand posts...most being me lol But it takes a lot of work and it does cost money to run and maintain. Once this stuff was really cheap, could even find a free hosts that gave you SQL databases and the whole thing. SSL certificates are getting more expensive too....in fact I bet Andy will spend about $150 on the new SHA2 SSL certificates, plus the cost of the domain, hosting and so on. It's a lot of work and dedication to make it and keep it going for over 10 years.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I'm not sure how it is done, but I am VERY grateful that this site is not characterized by the competition and personal pot shots so common at That Other Place.

I am also delighted that Andy manages to do such a good job without being obvious about it.

Thans, Andy!
I bid NO Trump!

thumbs up, hi five, back pat
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Crossed paths with many lovely peeps here. Its presence and the effort put into its creation is appreciated.

This Forum is a testament to Community. Without Andy, there would be no community. He is the life's blood of this forum.
~Beaux

Thank you, Andy. I'm very grateful for all that you do.