Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you be TOO gay?
Stereotypically gay people used to freak me out, and I can say that guy I described did freak me out. I don't know if that's still the case now though as I've been really getting used to "gay stuff" recently and am even questioning myself on what I like, and I haven't been around a real feminine gay person recently. But as far as stereotypes go, I feel like gay ones are fairly harmless. There are good reasons why communities try not to imitate negative stereotypes, but if the negative stereotype is just acting in a way the opposite gender acts, I don't think there's a real problem.
Compare this to black stereotypes for example. Their negative stereotypes are usually that they're thugs who hang out in groups, who steal, are violent, and just generally dangerous and untrustworthy. As a black guy myself, I hate it when black people around me perpetuate these stereotypes even when they never really lived the "hood-life". They just see it in the media and want to act like that because I guess that's how black people act... People say I'm not black enough because I don't like rap music, I don't try to intimidate others, and I don't say the N word after every sentence.
By living the stereotype, they're sending the message that they're dangerous and you need to be wary of them. While gay people living their stereotype, to me they're just sending the message that they act like the opposite gender. Big deal...

Yes, but Im also with Nerdy on a few points.

I once inherited an employee who was gay with a capital G. In his voice, mannerisms the lot.

When I met his wife and two kids you could of picked me up off the floor.

Boy, my GADAR was way off on that oneRofl

Too gay = guys who insist (and argue) that they have the right to use the ladies bathrooms. Ewww....

ObW
X

Whatever.....

OlderButWiser Wrote:Too gay = guys who insist (and argue) that they have the right to use the ladies bathrooms.

That doesn't sound very gay though. You'd think an aisle of urinals would be happy hunting for a man so gay, a view they'd not want to sacrifice