Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you be TOO gay?
Oh Wade, ya dun fired me up now, let's go behind the barn and settle this like man and man should...with groans,moans,mewls and slapping of flesh...

Girly Slap Fighting? Msn-slapping

Lol Rofl

thanks the goodness we gotsa Wade around these here parts :p

All I can say is, the one big thing you'll find in the gay community itself is in fact discrimination amongst ourselves. A civil war in our own world. one that can't be shut down easily. How can we secure our rights if we cant even work together.

Effeminate is probably the term your looking for btw. Estrogen at its finest??? Does it really matter?

I didn't get the memo... what are we in the "gay community" supposed to think about this?

My point is that this so-called "community" is more varied than anyone knows. I prefer to think of "us" as the Gay Spectrum... no, that sounds like a disorder. Let's try the Gay Experience... more like Jimi Hendrix. Yeah, that's cool.

So, to answer the OP's question: yes, maybe, and definitely no!

Just remember, it's sometimes hard to accept but there is always truth behind stereotypes.

but for the short answer yes.

Nah, I don't think it's possible to be "TOO gay". The haters will hate no matter what, we shouldn't be judging our own fellow gays as being too "femme" just because we're worried about what bigots will think of us. If straight people are going to stereotype all gays based on the actions of a few, than that's their problem.

A few weeks ago I met a guy on an app, we seemed to connect well and we were talking constantly for about a week about all different things, and we were making plans to meet up. He kept asking me for pictures, and I would send them. Apparently the last picture I sent to him triggered something in his mind and he completely changed his attitude suddenly, he got kinda hostile and started questioning me about whether I was feminine in any way (like voice or mannerism), because, he said, "I'm not into that type at all". I said no, I don't think I act too stereotypical in voice or mannerism, but we shouldn't judge people for being who they are....he didn't respond and we never spoke again.

I think it's really unfortunate how even gays have internalized societal homophobia to such an extent and have such hostility toward their fellow gays for not being 'masc' enough.

TonyAndonuts Wrote:I always thought the gay community was all about being yourself and making no apologies.

I wish it were!

There's no such thing as a 'gay community', it's just guys that like dick.

And yes, it is true that there are many gay men that discriminate and sometimes even bully effeminate gays. I find it deplorable.

I never understood why super masc gay men think that Fems
make the gay community look bad. Super masc gay men aren't
obligated to date Fems, so I don't see the problem.

I'm not fem, I like to think that I'm somewhat in the middle of the spectrum.

In the end just be you and do whatever you like, no fucks given.*

*Just be safe and all that.

The reverse is also apparently true. My mother told me basically I wasn't gay enough when I came out. To say I was amused by this is an understatement.

pellaz Wrote:i think it was mentioned above some st8 guys can be too straight. to the point it shortens their life expectancy.
if that is the case
it must be true some how a guy could be too gay
How is it true that somehow a guy could be too gay?

It's weird, I get into a crossroads with this issue -

I've always believed people should be able to live their lives however they like, as long as it doesn't cause any harm or offense to the people around them. But, also, I am one of these gay men who believes we need to move beyond the stereotypes to make some real changes and earn wider respect and acceptance.

Maybe you can be too gay, but that's your choice, and you don't deserve to be punished for it. People should be able to live as fabulously as they please. Regardless of sexuality, being loud and crass is always going to get peoples attention, good or bad.