Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you cook?
This past year has been my first for living alone. First it was my parents, then college, then living with friends. This year I bought my home and I either have to learn how to cook or keep doing what I do now. I'm the baby of the family and my parents think I will starve if they don't bring me food, which I really appreciate, but I should probably learn how to cook myself. I am good at grilling, but for side dishes I tend to buy from a deli or Whole Foods or some such. I've made a few dishes, but it seems like a lot of work and prep time.
Maybe I have to learn how to love it, do you think?
My Mom and Grandmothers are very helpful, as well as being good, patient teachers, but I would like to learn some dishes and then invite them all over and surprise them.
I know to follow recipes carefully before experimenting.

Today I made chili and it is in the crockpot. We shall see how that turns out.

BTW, I am good at salads and steaming veggies.

Can you guys cook? Did you love it from the beginning or did you have to learn to love it? Or do you hate it and do it just because you don't want to starve?

Any tips would be welcome.

I just noticed that in this forum you have to keep your clothes on. Fuck! ** looks for boxers**

I dont cook often but I can if I need to. Like to bake also.

Not the best at it but it doesnt totally suck lol
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

There is one awesome meal i learned to cook, so so simple yet so so nice. :p

Mom taught me most things. I still live with the parents but I cook anyway.

I don't particularly like to cook, meh. You kinda have to tho

Just plan your cooking for the week, I say. If yo don't mind repeating, cook for 2 days so you don't have to everyday.

other than that, just start with basic recipes, your standard carbs, proteins and veggies, and then escalate and try other things, or experiment.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Northlad Wrote:There is one awesome meal i learned to cook, so so simple yet so so nice. :p

Are you going to tell us or do we have to beg?

Darius Wrote:Are you going to tell us or do we have to beg?

You can beg if you would like LOL

Chicken with peach, yum!

Northlad Wrote:You can beg if you would like LOL

Chicken with peach, yum!

That's sound great. Could you explain it further?

Darius Wrote:That's sound great. Could you explain it further?

To make it simply get 1 tin of sliced peaches in syrup, 1kg of chicken breast. Dice/slice or what ever you like to the chicken and throw the lot into a slow cooker and full power untill the chicken is cooked. I usually add some rice or some cut bell peppers as a side dish.

you don't have to learn anything in order to make pasta and delicious sandwiches, for example. all you gotta know is what tastes good to you and go by that. and, yes, i can make pasta and delicious sandwiches. i am also very good at mixing things together without, in fact, 'cooking' anything at all. e.g. throwing together some pork ribs with fried eggs, corn-bell pepper salad, or a Caesar salad with sandwiches....add some whipped-cream pastries that you can get at your local confectionery store. add a bottle of Champagne and you're good to serve all that to your lover for a nice romantic evening.
''Do I look civilized to you?''