Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinal Says Homosexuality like blood pressure - can be treated
Protest over cardinal's remarks that homosexuality - like his own high blood pressure - can be treated

26 January 2014 | By Sylvia Tan

Almost 30 protesters gathered for a kiss-in at the gates of Malaga Cathedral in the southern Spanish city last Thursday to protest newly chosen Spanish cardinal Fernando Sebastián's recent remarks that homosexuality is a "defect" that can be corrected with treatment.

Earlier this week, he made the international headlines when he told Diario Sur, a newspaper in Malaga, his views on homosexuality.

The 85-year-old, who compared homosexuality to health defects such as his own high blood pressure, said: "A lot of people complain and don't tolerate it but with all respect I say that homosexuality is a defective way of manifesting sexuality, because that has a structure and a purpose, which is procreation... We have a lot of defects in our bodies. I have high blood pressure. Am I going to get angry because they tell me that? It is a defect I have that I have to correct as far as I can...

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/prote...eated26011
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

You gotta love Catholics...and Opus Dei freaks...

oh, well, he's 85...let him rant for whatever time he has left...sadly, he will die in a country that has already recognized same-sex marriage..

After light has been shed on the Catholic Church's dark, deviant beyond evil little secret, I just chuckle when I read this shit. How can any of them make such proclamations with a straight face (pardon the pun)? I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone still cares what any of those bastards (current pope included) has to say about sexual morals (or any morals for that matter). They should be put in time out for the next two hundred years and when it's over the world will, hopefully, be smart enough to know they're all just pathetic sexually frustrated men in dresses and silly hats.

What else can you expect from 85 years old person.

Edward Wrote:What else can you expect from 85 years old person.

Well PA's father is 85 and I would expect at least the same amount of consideration from a so-called man of god as I get from Papa.

"Homosexuality is not a curable disease, but homophobia is."

Maybe there's a pill that cures both high blood pressure and homophobia... oh wait, yes, it's called Leaving-well-enough-ALONE. All this fretting about homosexuals is giving him vapours as well?

OK, but why in the video do they all seem to be opposite sex couples kissing?

Ooops, no. Just looked again on full screen. As most of the girls were dressed in trousers it was an understandable mistake.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

One of the side effects of the pills he takes for high blood presure is erectial dysfunction, he no longer feels horny for choir boys, thus his proclamation. Gay as a peacock.

"Cardinal Says Homosexuality like blood pressure"

Too much and you pass out?

Catholics and their loosey-goosey, hypocritical, two faced, non-existent moralities.....
And they have the nerve to say this!!!! I can hear the millions laughing at them.

If its SOOOOOO easy to "treat" it, then..........START WITH YOUR OWN GODDAMNED CLERGY!!!!!!

In others news cardinal is an idiot.

I think that if a notable figure here ever starts saying stuff like that here, I might volunteer, so long as a witness companies me and I can publicise the results...anything to shut them up...