Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caribbean Mother beats 12 y.o. daughter (video)
The video everyone is talking about:

http://videos.sapo.pt/fsYdnRjMyN47nk1nFTPO

I'm totally against violence but this doesn't shock me that much.

The mother does have a point: in a big city these things go unnoticed but in these small, conservative communities casual sex and an unwanted pregnancy could be a social disaster.

I'm totally on mother's side. Unfortunately this is the only way how girls who are 12 years old and sluts already, can be taught something.

I would never beat a child of mine and I feel sorry for the girl but her behavior was indeed wreckless and at least the mother explained why she was being punished. The daughter has already commented on this and defended her mother.

That's how parents beat there kids in the Caribbean but I don't agree with it .

I got a good leathering when i was younger but i think she went too far AND to record it and brag about it ?!

I haven't seen actual explanations of the video. I've been told that the girl was putting suggestive pics of herself on Facebook, and when the mother found out, that was the result.

My brothers and I were never hit by my parents, but I sometimes wonder if we as a society take away a parents' power when 'spanking' is called abuse. Kids have to learn that there are consequences for actions.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I can understand corporal punishment and spankings, but that looked like abuse to me.

I DESPISE the Daily Mail. Nevertheless, here is the article that explains it (I got sick of trying to find a reliable source as the first couple of others I tried just wanted to show the video):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...viral.html

All in all, sounds very sad, especially with her father leaving and saying he wants nothing to do with her or them. :frown:

And btw, you're still allowed to spank in the USA. I doubt much would've been done to her (other than a public debate that was ultimately meaningless) had that been done in the US.

Though I know for a fact that my daughter would PREFER to be whipped, a lot more brutally than on that vid, than for me to take away her beloved phone and computer, which she knows I'd do if I caught her posting pix of herself in her underwear. I swear, like many kids she treats her phone the way Gollum treats that ring he calls "precious"!

As much as I find this video hard to watch, I do realise its more than likely the normal thing to do where they are from. So for me being from the UK, its really horrendous, but for someone from that area it could be seen as the right solution.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]