Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars
Following on from my post in How are u today, here are some more pictures of my fleet of cars!!!

My 1984 Campervan its got a 850cc engine and just 1 of 15-20 remaining

[Image: Malc0488.jpg]

Very Basic dash, when I bought it there was no sterio or 12v socket so it was even more basic and I had to wire them in from scratch.
[Image: FoxPics009.jpg]

A cosey little dining table
[Image: FoxInteria001.jpg]

The bed made up, there is a curtan that goes around the front of the vehicle but I didnt put it up for thr pic
[Image: FoxInteria006.jpg]

Next Up my Scimitar SS1 1.4, one of the last 50 to be built

[Image: SS1-1.4032.jpg]

[Image: SS1-1.4002.jpg]

My Rover Coupe, this is my main car

[Image: CoupePics052.jpg]

[Image: CoupePics020.jpg]

[Image: Malc1921.jpg]

My old banger! Its a 4 seat van, the perfict pub car.

[Image: rialto2.jpg]

[Image: rialto5.jpg]

The Daft thing is owning and running these 4 cars cost me less than if I was to go out and buy a new car on finance and pay a garrage to service it! Insuring all 4 is a killer tho.

Post pics of you cars here!

So power steering is a big no no then? Laugh

My FTP program won't load for some reason so I'm attaching, but here are 2 pix of my Peugeot 206 that I had before my M4 crash in March...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Why so many cars malcs?!My baby is a Prius,old but we still going strong together.It's got a 101 problems and I'm USELESS at cars.How do you attach images to your posts?

[Image: n277701440_1117987_9721.jpg]
This was my car after the crash...

[Image: n277701440_1117990_368.jpg]
And another one of the front...

[Image: n277701440_1117992_758.jpg]
And the back... which looks mostly undamaged... haha!

I haven't taken any pictures of my new car yet, but I'll get round to it eventually. Again, it's just a normal average 1999 T reg fiesta though, so not exactly uncommon hehe.

Smurlos Wrote:[Image: n277701440_1117987_9721.jpg]
This was my car after the crash...

[Image: n277701440_1117990_368.jpg]
And another one of the front...

[Image: n277701440_1117992_758.jpg]
And the back... which looks mostly undamaged... haha!

I haven't taken any pictures of my new car yet, but I'll get round to it eventually. Again, it's just a normal average 1999 T reg fiesta though, so not exactly uncommon hehe.

OMG thats nasty, glad u did get out of it ok.

The red Reliant brings back memories! The first car I had was a red Reliant, not a Rialto like yours, but an older, curvier model. In those days we could drive them at the age of sixteen as long as the reverse gear was blocked off :confused: My mum and dad bought one so that I could drive it on my 16th birthday. Before then I used to drive it round the council garage block in Hatfield where we kept it. Mum used to stand by with her hands covering her face while I drove it like an idiot around far too small a space. I turned it over a couple of times. I'm amazed that the fibreglass body didn't disintegrate with my (then!) driving style.

The worst thing about Reliants was that you hit every bump in the road. The best thing was that every other Reliant driver was your friend and waving at each other as you passed was obligatory. I only had the car a few weeks and changed it for a motorbike, but that's another story.

Dan1089 Wrote:Why so many cars malcs?!My baby is a Prius,old but we still going strong together.It's got a 101 problems and I'm USELESS at cars.How do you attach images to your posts?

Im a car nut through and through so love having a selection! I have a car for every occasion!

The Rover my Normal car dosent leak very comfitable good on fuel just a good allround fun car.

The Campervan well for weekend away ect... Altought this summer in doing John O grotes (as far north as u can go in scotland) to lands end (as far south as u can get in England) Doing the trip over 2 weeks.

The Scimitar convertable is brillaint for summer with the hood down but its only got 2 seats and when it rains hard does leak a bit of water through the hood like all old fashoned convertables.

The Rialto 3 wheeler is just a very cheap old car, mum and dad oftern use it aswell taking stuff to the dump. I use it when I drive to the pub save leaving a nice car in a pub carpark! Its also massivly good on petrol doing well over 60mpg on a run and will sit at 70mph on a motorway without a problem!

marshlander Wrote:The red Reliant brings back memories! The first car I had was a red Reliant, not a Rialto like yours, but an older, curvier model. In those days we could drive them at the age of sixteen as long as the reverse gear was blocked off :confused: My mum and dad bought one so that I could drive it on my 16th birthday. Before then I used to drive it round the council garage block in Hatfield where we kept it. Mum used to stand by with her hands covering her face while I drove it like an idiot around far too small a space. I turned it over a couple of times. I'm amazed that the fibreglass body didn't disintegrate with my (then!) driving style.

The worst thing about Reliants was that you hit every bump in the road. The best thing was that every other Reliant driver was your friend and waving at each other as you passed was obligatory. I only had the car a few weeks and changed it for a motorbike, but that's another story.

Haha at turning it over Laugh bless you!

Malcs, indeed, it got blown by wind and aquaplaned, hit the crash barrier, well scraped along, then I pulled left to get back on the carriageway and the whole thing just spun over onto its roof! One scary as hell experience that I hope NEVER to relive ever ever ever again! I now absolutely hate driving in rain. Whenever it rains I make Ian drive hehe.

malcs Wrote:Im a car nut through and through so love having a selection! I have a car for every occasion!

The Rover my Normal car dosent leak very comfitable good on fuel just a good allround fun car.

The Campervan well for weekend away ect... Altought this summer in doing John O grotes (as far north as u can go in scotland) to lands end (as far south as u can get in England) Doing the trip over 2 weeks.

The Scimitar convertable is brillaint for summer with the hood down but its only got 2 seats and when it rains hard does leak a bit of water through the hood like all old fashoned convertables.

The Rialto 3 wheeler is just a very cheap old car, mum and dad oftern use it aswell taking stuff to the dump. I use it when I drive to the pub save leaving a nice car in a pub carpark! Its also massivly good on petrol doing well over 60mpg on a run and will sit at 70mph on a motorway without a problem!

Argh I dunno if I could ever drive through the scotish mountains... yikes! And in Wales too - apparently some of the roads wind up and are sooo narrow with no fence along... I'd be sick haha. I get nervous driving when there is no form of security just incase... I know it's the same as normal driving when you say one tiny mistake and it could be fatal... but this is more a case of one tiny mistake and it WILL be fatal lol. :-S

Smurlos Wrote:Argh I dunno if I could ever drive through the scotish mountains... yikes! And in Wales too - apparently some of the roads wind up and are sooo narrow with no fence along... I'd be sick haha. I get nervous driving when there is no form of security just incase... I know it's the same as normal driving when you say one tiny mistake and it could be fatal... but this is more a case of one tiny mistake and it WILL be fatal lol. :-S
Try driving with Albert in the Alps then. He tells me that one can drive too slowly up and down mountain roads with hairpin bends. He can always detect visitors to the region ...

I don't drive there often, but the number of times I've driven up or down the mountains at what I thought was a safe speed, only to be overtaken by a French driver in a tearing hurry to get somewhere (heaven, presumably!). I can't remember being overtaken like that by Swiss drivers.

I'm always reminded of Arlo Guthrie's song, The Motorcycle Song: "On the one side of a mountain road there was a mountain. On the other side there was nothing. Luckily I didn't go into the mountain ...!"