Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars
My first car was a second hand Opel Kadett,I'm sorry that I don't know the model numbers etc!It was the greatest thing ever,my own car!It's now parked at my parent's house.My second car was a good ole' Toyota Corolla,not the new funky ones but the small ones.I sold it for R25 000 (about 3000 pounds)...very idiotic of me but I was only 19.I then begged Father to buy me a new car and within weeks,I had my Prius.Its been about 4 years now.

Tigra baby!!

[Image: Tigra.jpg]

That is indeed my car.. unfortunately, not my driveway and garden... was at my Grandad's house when the pic was taken.

Below is what my old car was... Rover Metro Nightfire... that car in the pic aint mine tho.. just what it looked like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow, WLM!! What a lovely colour!!
As for the other car... hmmm... Metro or Tigra? tough choice... can see why you got rid Wink hehe!

Roflmao HAHAHA!Sorry wouldlike,I'm not laughing at your old car okay? Roflmao Okay,I am!Thank God you changed it!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Tigra baby!!

[Image: Tigra.jpg]

That is indeed my car.. unfortunately, not my driveway and garden... was at my Grandad's house when the pic was taken.

Below is what my old car was... Rover Metro Nightfire... that car in the pic aint mine tho.. just what it looked like.

I like Tigras nearly bought one but I bought the Rover instead. I think ALL Metros should be crushed they are possibly the worst car ive ever driven! Thankgoodnes you dont have it anymore lol

Smurlos Wrote:Wow, WLM!! What a lovely colour!!
As for the other car... hmmm... Metro or Tigra? tough choice... can see why you got rid Wink hehe!

Dan1089 Wrote:Roflmao HAHAHA!Sorry wouldlike,I'm not laughing at your old car okay? Roflmao Okay,I am!Thank God you changed it!

malcs Wrote:I like Tigras nearly bought one but I bought the Rover instead. I think ALL Metros should be crushed they are possibly the worst car ive ever driven! Thankgoodnes you dont have it anymore lol

The best bit is.. I sold it for a whole £50! :biggrin: It was that or the wrecker's yard!

It was quite faithful tho... for a 4 geared, manual choke, no PAS car, got me to and from Uni in my final year and I came home every other weekend. Even got me to Scotland and back at least twice, Hull and back and the longest journey it succeeded doing was Berwick-Upon-Tweed to Salisbury!
On one of the Scotland trips.. I did blow out a tyre though.. on the M1... in the fast lane... spun it 180 into the middle lane... oncoming lorry!!! :eek: :eek: Mr Lorry Driver braked well tho!!

Sayin that.. I blew a tyre on the Tigra as well recently.. A1M, again in the fast lane (sorry, overtaking lane!) and doing a similar speed, but didn't spin it, managed to get to hard shoulder... although it was in the middle of a roadworks section!

Ooh.. how silly of me to forget... I've also had as company cars... a Skoda Fabia, a Nissan Micra and a Skoda Octavia.. I soooo miss the Octavia.. I was a beautiful, spacious, fast car and extremely pleasurable to drive!! ... 1.9TDi

Actually... I miss having a company car full stop.. was cheaper!! lol

Not a micra!! LOL! Those cars are uuuuuugly!
I heard Skoda Octavia's are meant to be wicked. I think their new range actually isn't toooo bad, and has increased their reputation a little.

OUCH @ tyres blowing out!!! I've never had that thank god... and don't think I would want to experience it either!! In fact apart from my accident I've never had any problem while driving on the road in my whole 3 years now. Even when I was driving my old 1993 fiesta. Oh tell a lie when I had the 206 I had a misfire and when you leave my work theres a dual carriageway straight off the roundabout! So had to go down it maximum speed 20 mph all the way down so had my hazards on, but luckilly people could over take me. Yeah longest and scariest drive home from work ever!!

malcs Wrote:My old banger! Its a 4 seat van, the perfict pub car.

[Image: rialto2.jpg]

[Image: rialto5.jpg]

The Daft thing is owning and running these 4 cars cost me less than if I was to go out and buy a new car on finance and pay a garrage to service it! Insuring all 4 is a killer tho.

Post pics of you cars here!

Oh WOW!!! You've got one of those three wheeled cars.... I've always thought they were funny.... Are they stable ???Scatter

Smurlos Wrote:Argh I dunno if I could ever drive through the scotish mountains... yikes! And in Wales too - apparently some of the roads wind up and are sooo narrow with no fence along... I'd be sick haha. I get nervous driving when there is no form of security just incase... I know it's the same as normal driving when you say one tiny mistake and it could be fatal... but this is more a case of one tiny mistake and it WILL be fatal lol. :-S

hahaha, I wonder what you'd say if you had to drive here in the Alps... plenty of windy and narrow roads with little or not protection to keep you on the road rather than fall down a very steep declivity...

marshlander Wrote:Try driving with Albert in the Alps then. He tells me that one can drive too slowly up and down mountain roads with hairpin bends. He can always detect visitors to the region ...

I don't drive there often, but the number of times I've driven up or down the mountains at what I thought was a safe speed, only to be overtaken by a French driver in a tearing hurry to get somewhere (heaven, presumably!). I can't remember being overtaken like that by Swiss drivers.

Yes but, darling, you'll note that Swiss roads are by and large much wider than French ones... which always surprises me...