Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casual sex
I have done the relationship thing mainly in the past with some being short term [3 or 4 months] and others being much longer, although I have in the past had the occasional one night stand etc.

Well recently I have been having random/casual sex and I am wondering it is good that I am enjoying it as much as I am!

When doing the relationship thing I search for someone who is as close to my 'type' as I can find and then if/when I find someone we get to know each other and see if we have any potential. All very nice but I have realised how much compromise you have to make for example I like short men but have 'settled' in the past 2 relationships for taller men.

With casual sex I have found I have been able to have encounters with men that are much more my type. I also find that different men meet different needs so for example I have one casual guy I see who is a fantastic kisser, so when I need kissing and holding its him I call on, where as another guy has other positives.

Some of the guys I see repeatedly, other I see only once. I am sensible and play as safe as possible, and I know people may warn me of the various diseases out there but please know I am aware and take care and also know that the safest option is to abstain.

I almost feel bad though that I am not worrying about these casual encounters, and that I am enjoying them so much. Am I worrying too much?

Opinions anyone

You are a very bad boy. Get your arse over here!!!
On a more serious note, do you think you would be happier if you were not doing this? I doubt it. It seems that it is right for you at this point in time, so enjoy.

peterinmalaga Wrote:You are a very bad boy. Get your arse over here!!!
On a more serious note, do you think you would be happier if you were not doing this? I doubt it. It seems that it is right for you at this point in time, so enjoy.

You are right, at this point in time this feels right and I am sure that at some point in the future I will feel more like settling down.

People are often made to feel guilty about sex because of the taboo that lingers. But in fact, as long as you are keeping your mind free of that guilt, and taking good care of your health, there is no reason why you shouldn't enjoy the casual encounters. They seem to correspond to a need you have at the moment. I would only suggest taking things less casually if it made you unhappy about yourself.

It is sort of weird, the way you said it. "Compromise"..I think that when you fall for someone or at least like him in a way, this "type" thing is disregarded by the heart and the mind. You just like the person and that's it. You either like parts of him and his character, or you like everything about him. So no compromising is needed because you are happy with what you have found. Sorta. BUt that's just my opinion.

For the casual sex thing - as other people before me said, what you are happy with right now should be what you follow. When you start to like something else more, you start to follow it.

Hope I've been helpful! :]

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:It is sort of weird, the way you said it. "Compromise"..I think that when you fall for someone or at least like him in a way, this "type" thing is disregarded by the heart and the mind. You just like the person and that's it. You either like parts of him and his character, or you like everything about him. So no compromising is needed because you are happy with what you have found. Sorta. BUt that's just my opinion.
:]
I am not entirely sure what you mean but I would point out that for some people an open relationship works best. In open relationships the rules are very important. Monogamous relationships don't need rules so much.

peterinmalaga Wrote:I am not entirely sure what you mean but I would point out that for some people an open relationship works best. In open relationships the rules are very important. Monogamous relationships don't need rules so much.

I wasn't talking about rules in a relationship. I'm sorry I didn't write what I wanted to say in the best way; :]
I was talking about what happens before a relationship is created. When you spot the person.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I wasn't talking about rules in a relationship. I'm sorry I didn't write what I wanted to say in the best way; :]
I was talking about what happens before a relationship is created. When you spot the person.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Anonymous Wrote:You are right, at this point in time this feels right and I am sure that at some point in the future I will feel more like settling down.

If it'd felt right, this thread wouldn't have been present Astrosmiley2

I'd say your only major dangers are disease and breaking another guy's heart if he doesn't know it just casual sex.