Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic schools must allow gay alliance
Ontario Canada anti-bullying bill passed and the catholic church educators are upset they have to allow gay-straight alliances. Way too bad for themConfusedmile:

Ontario's anti-bullying bill, Bill 13 or Accepting Schools Act, passed through the legislature by a margin of 65-36

reference:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/sto...iance.html

I must say Canada are by far more the leaders of equality within the world :biggrin:

That's nice Smile .

I hope they get to experience the Fabu-losity now, that they've been missing before Dazzler1 .

Slowly the world is changing and I get to see it Confusedmile:

Thanks for sharing Pellaz Loveya

This is a step in the right direction about time for once with the catholics i mean every religion needs to understand that in life some people are just born gay and get over it!

zeon Wrote:This is a step in the right direction about time for once with the catholics i mean every religion needs to understand that in life some people are just born gay and get over it!

Right on Auntie Xyxthumbs

Crap.
I wonder what uproar is happening on the other forums site.
I can see it now:
Genersis' Imagination Wrote:Canada: Catholic Schools Must Promote Homosexuality
Canada once again proves it's hate for Catholics by taking away their religious freedoms to believe the official doctrine of the Catholic Church that homosexuality is a sin, and is to be promoted though Gay Straight Alliances at Catholic Schools.
The Ontario government voted 65-36 in favour of the bill that not only goes against the Catholic Churches teachings(which can lead to excommunication from Catholicism), but also denies Children the right to decide for themselves(read: the church decides for them) if homosexuality is ok.

It really shows how totalitarian the ani-Christian nation of Canada is compared to the US; and it seems Obama is trying to follow suit with the HSS mandate which 14 Catholic organisations are valiantly standing against. Click here to donate to their cause.

*Sigh*
I spend way too much time on those boards...:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

So it's true, Gay marriage leads to the State forcing the Church to accept and tolerate homosexuality regardless of their religious beliefs?

Gay marriage, tolerance and all of that is one thing in the secular world. But forcing the religious community to have to accept it is another thing altogether.

Not only does it take away 'religious freedom' it also becomes a bone of contention when you force a religious organization to accept/tolerate a thing instead of leaving it to the clergy and those involved in the church to gently push the church into the 21st century.

Understand that here in the USA one of the leading reasons why Gay Marriage is so adamantly opposed is the fear that once they give in on the gay marriage stance (secular Gay marriage) that the religions will be forced to condone, tolerate, support and to some extent teach 'Gay is OK' to their children.

Many who oppose the LGBT issues are religious and see the Catholic and other private institutions as a way to not 'expose' their children to the ways of the Heathen (secular) World.

It seems in Canada that they have decided to take away that last bastion of 'safety' from the minds of parents who honestly belief that God doesn't condone homosexuality.

I am opposed to this idea. But then I understand Faith and Belief and do understand where the Christians are coming from based on what the Bible says and how it is interpreted.

Having spent decades slowly convincing priests, bishops and others in various religious organizations that those passages are not actually opposed to loving LGBT relationships, this 'forced acceptance' may actually do far much more damage especially here in the USA where the separation of Church and State is a huge issue to many.

People do actually fear having their children 'forced' to accept LGBT. They really do fear that their religious rights will be stripped away once Gay Marriage becomes accepted. Canada is setting dangerous precedence and only setting the stage to make the passing of Gay Marriage much harder for other nations like its neighbor to the south.

I understand that these religious schools are receiving public funding? If so....I think they have a responsibility to the taxpayer and to uphold the decisions of the state...

If there was a separation of church and state (no taxpayer funded religious schools)...then I would actually side with the Catholic Church in principle though I would personally completely disagree with them.

East Wrote:I understand that these religious schools are receiving public funding? If so....I think they have a responsibility to the taxpayer and to uphold the decisions of the state...

If there was a separation of church and state (no taxpayer funded religious schools)...then I would actually side with the Catholic Church in principle though I would personally completely disagree with them.

I thought a separation of Church and State would run against the Catholic schools position?
Because they are running the school effectively in place of the government; wouldn't they have to be secular like a government school?:confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:I thought a separation of Church and State would run against the Catholic schools position?
Because they are running the school effectively in place of the government; wouldn't they have to be secular like a government school?:confused:

Here in the US...the religious schools who are completely funded privately do not have the government interference....nor should they in my opinion...

40 States in the US have Constitutions that specifically prevent public funding of religious schools and another five make no mention of it which does not indicate that they do support public funding of private religious institutions.

I 100% support the separation of church and state which is why I would support the Catholic Church had they not been receiving public taxpayer funds.

It may be different in different countries though ...I am not familiar with the Canada system beyond what I read in the article. Does anyone know if any religious school receives taxpayer $$$$ in Canada?