Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China's new "normal
59 storeys in 19 days:

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/weird-and-fu....html?vp=1
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

DAMN! That is amazing.....

I remember seeing some of the abandoned buildings in China and a ghost town modern city in Africa...maybe even an abandoned city in China....recently.

Speaking of China...I just found a book yesterday in my travels about Homosexuality in China...looks interesting....I left it at home (I am at my shop) and I forgot the exact title but for some reason I tthink the word "normal" was somewhere in the title...your thread made me think of that...

I think the Tower of Babel was built in this record time as well.

This is some scary shit.

Nice to meet you

East Wrote:Speaking of China...I just found a book yesterday in my travels about Homosexuality in China...looks interesting....I left it at home (I am at my shop) and I forgot the exact title but for some reason I tthink the word "normal" was somewhere in the title...your thread made me think of that...

China has one of the most humane histories of homosexuality in the world. for thousands of years, including when Europe was overwhelmed by the Inquisition, male couples lived together as lovers, openly, in China. it was seen as normal and part of the natural spectrum of human relationships there. that was the status quo there thousands of years BCE till about the 1800s. i really admire China for it. it wasn't till they came into a deeper contact with the European civilizations that things changed there regarding how homosexuality was viewed.

i have a book in my library, Louis Crompton's Homosexuality and Civilization, that really explains it well. not just China, it covers all the major civilizations and eras.

i don't know if your book was describing the current situation in China or the history, but you should check out the latter if you have the time. it's really fascinating. and i highly recommend Crompton's book. it's a top quality research and writing.
''Do I look civilized to you?''