Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee Tomorrow
I’m going to hang out with a guy I met over a year ago, tomorrow. When we first met, I had a sense of uneasiness when I met him, only because we started flirting really quickly and I was uncomfortable. I think I have written about him before, but basically to cut to the chase: He liked me more when I liked him, and then he lost some interest, and then I realized how much I like him, and I liked him more than he liked me. We decided to be friends for the time being. We kept in touch when I went back to school. He started dating someone and that destroyed me. I felt bad at how much I wanted to see the relationship crash and burn, and it finally did. And then I had a Cady Heron moment. Wanting to see his love life fail wasn’t going to make him want to be with me. And me obsessing over him wasn’t going to make me any happier. Therefore, I decided to somewhat move on. I started dating a guy, and I’m not all that sure why. But it ended meh. Even during that relationship all I could think of was this other guy whom I’ll call Roger. I find myself still wanting to be with him, but I don’t want to be a hound and push him away. So now I’m meeting him tomorrow at the place we first met as I said, and I just don’t know how to deal with being just friends. Any advice?

Don't ask him if he would like you to put cream in his coffee.
I bid NO Trump!

livingproof Wrote:this other guy whom I’ll call Roger.
Wait, Roger? You know Roger? But I was going to ask Roger out!

Okay, seriously now. Not everything in life is something you can prepare for before hand and this is one of those times. Go and meet him and try to pick up on the vibe you receive from him and follow the cues. If it is meant to be something more, let it happen. If not, settle for being friends.

Ah, Richmond. I used to live there. Are you attending VCU?

Naw I live here lol. I go to school further north :3

Well, wanting to see another relationship "crash and burn" with the hopes of benefitting you is very telling. I think you have a lot of growing up to do.

Iceblink Wrote:Okay, seriously now. Not everything in life is something you can prepare for before hand and this is one of those times. Go and meet him and try to pick up on the vibe you receive from him and follow the cues. If it is meant to be something more, let it happen. If not, settle for being friends.
Iceblink sounds very wise in this department (Although every time I see that Avatar, I think of Mother Mucca - though it should be Mrs Madrigal).
You don't even say what you want now, although it seems like you are still pining after Roger. A year has passed. He also might not be the same Roger that you remember. People change rapidly at your age.

Vidas, I was being metaphorical/making a point. Of course I want happiness for him. I meant only that is is hard to see someone you care about romantically with someone else that is all.

Hlker, yeah perhaps that is so. It is true we change a lot in early adulthood. I'll think about it.

I just want to know who Cady Heron is/was Smile

ObW
X