Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cognitive Dissonance Being Gay & Republican
I wouldn't say that being gay and republican result in Cognitive Dissonance. Republicanism like any other political party is a collection of people with many many different perspectives. In fact the amount of gay affirming Republicans is increasing. Many of the newer generation don't see gay rights as an issue.

The world changes and remaining blind to change so you can retain established bias isn't any healthier than Cognitive Dissonance. It's the same pigeon holing that is the root of all prejudice. Time after time we see that this method is at it's core irrational.

Political parties are made of a variety of people. Some will use it for personal gain, others will use it to forward an agenda, and some are just in it for a paycheck.

I would like to point out also that Democrats aren't the unified bastion of gay rights anymore them Republicans are the unified force of opposition. Fred Phelps is a registered Democrat and did fund raising for Gore. Joe Biden and Harry Reid both voted for DOMA only to later change their stance after the damage was done.

Just for reference I describe myself as a Constitutional Libertarian. I have my issues with both parties. I am conservative on some issues and liberal on others. There are two things which I do not waiver on politically and that's LGBT rights and Gun rights.

im not even republican but ill vote for them

anyone with any knowledge knows the south are conservative democrats voted against civil rights even JFK as a senator voted no in 1958

the Republicans were for civil rights for blacks

al gores father a senator voted no too

some republicans are swine though

the sheriff is a gay republican .so what

Well its not that he's a gay republican its more that he may have threatened his former
lover with deportation if he said anything.

i thought obama was a big phony 4 years ago

hes power hungry i think

if you think i like joe Biden who wanted to put all Serbs in Nazi style concentration camps then your crazy-youre sick

i thought obama was a big phony 4 years ago

hes power hungry i think

if you think i like joe Biden who wanted to put all Serbs in Nazi style concentration camps then your crazy-youre sick

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2253148/posts

"Obviously Obama is an empty suit - a Chauncey Gardner if you will—but Biden is frightening in his deceipt and corruption-—when I see him I shudder in fear for the earth itself."

Chauncey GardnerBiggrinflip

In order to form and maintain any political party it is necessary to accept cognitive dissonance. To join a political party means to accept compromise positions, it impossible to create a collection of compromises that did not involve cognitive dissonance. Supposing it were possible, it would then be impossible to change anyone of them without bringing the whole intellectual structure down to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

i dont join any party-i just vote in another person if theyre bad

this year all seem bad-im soooo enthused this year-sarcasm

santorum is a scumbag-romney not too bad

they had to cancel democracy here for election primary due to state budget so they will revert to a caucuses system-this is our hope and change from 3 years of Obama or just bad luck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Stat...al_primary

march 3rd im not going-i should

i like the cock system