Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come Undone
So I watched this movie that somebody had posted to YouTube a while ago, and for the first gay teen-based, sort of 'coming-of-age' movie that I've seen, it was actually really enjoyable. It's a French film called Presque Rien, or Come Undone in English. It's a Romance/Drama that has a basic story to it but it's very much in-depth and engaging.
Mathieu, 18, spends the summer at his mother's summer house, in Brittany. On the beach, he meets Cédric, a boy his age. A love-story begins between the two boys.

It actually ends up becoming a really cute film to watch, particularly because of the relationship between the two boys. The characters and their personalities/situations were portrayed brilliantly and the actors really hit the nail. Although the storyline was relatively basic you could really feel the emotion and meaning behind each character and what happened to them. It did get a bit confusing at times though. Often I found myself wondering whether it was Cédric or Mathieu who had the camera, and I often got their names mixed up what with who was calling who. It was in French (with English subtitles), however, so that could partly be to blame lol.

Overall though it was really enjoyable and I'd definitely recommend that you check it out.

A good 9/10 from me. Smile

Have you watched Beautiful Thing?

No I haven't really watched many gay films. Is it any good?

One of the best, imo. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I watched Dallas Buyers Club.

Did not like.

Actors made great effort, but essential story elements were missing, most notably, a sympathetic character. Matthew M.'s character was tolerable, not likeable. His sidekick never rose above the level of random doper and partier.

For telling a tale of AIDS and the gay experience inherent in it, but refusing to portray even one gay man sympathetically, D minus.

i recommend you watch Shelter, and Maurice. both are a healthy-ending films dealing with gay love, relationship, and acceptance.

Glad you enjoyed to comeing out video Smile
as other are suggesting some good gay videos for you I will as well Big Grin

I HIGHLY suggest Morgan

probably my favorite gay movie Big Grin
It has ups and downs but its real and half the movie doesn't involve sex like so many other gay movies ^_^, if your ever in on a rainy day and nothing to do, check it out man Smile!