Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Out to Everyone as Transgender?
I know that people are probably sick of hearing me talk about being transgender and what not and I totally get that but right now this is a big issue for me and dealing with it and what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Do I want to be transgender and just keep it bottled inside and not tell anyone or should I just tell the world?

When I think about coming out as TG I start to wonder why is it important right now for me to tell people that I am this way. I mean I am not living my life as a woman right now, I am not dressed as a female, I am not taking hormones and I am not thinking about surgery anytime soon or even have the money to do so.

So why would it be that important to tell like family that I am TG. I mean when I came out to family about being gay how does that really impact them and why should I have told them? I mean my lifstyle has no reflection on there life, its just an explanation of why I might be single and not bringing home women for my parents to meet or relatives.

I mean I haven't seen my relatives for almost 5 or more years so how would me coming out to them mean anything? I mean I totally would have to tell them if I was being a woman and dressing as a woman and taking hormonones and had breasts and what not, then it would be hard to not be honest.

Or just show up and suprise all of them and they be like huh and what?

It just seems that its not that important for me to tell my relatives and distant aunts and uncles and what not and the only important people would be my parents and sibblings who I might run into more than others.

Well anyway I am just wondering if I should eventually work up the confidence to tell everyone in my life who and what I really am or if its really that important to do so.

Hi Jason74,

I hope you find this guide useful.

http://lgbt.wisc.edu/documents/HRC_Comin...gender.pdf

And this webpage.

http://mic.com/articles/67287/out-as-tra...ival-guide

It looks like there isn't much hatred to your close family so why not tell them. Still, you don't have to shout on the rooftop that you're transgender. As for know tell your close friends progressively, the ones you are comfortable with. Don't get out and tell everybody at once, not everyone deserves to know until you "officially" socialize and live as a woman.

And just so you know, I'm not sick of reading you posts at all, I bet no one here is. You need help, everyone needs help at sometime. I'm even learning some things from you.

Its just that everything is all new to me and I am discovering myself every single day. Like I joined a forum and one of the other TG or CD said that I should shave my legs because it would feel more femme and girly so I said why not, nobody ever sees my legs where I am working and even so its not like that is a big thing. So I shaved my legs and bought some skin lotion and to be honest they feel so amazing and wish I did that years ago.

I caved in and I bought some tights and now I can't stop wearing them. I mean I will sit around in my room wearing panties and just tights and it just feels so amazing. I am kind of tired of my boring male clothes, they are not exciting or femme at all (of course they are not, why would they be). I just have fallen in love with femme clothes and it just makes me feel like I am a different person.

So everyday is a learning experience for me and I know that someday I will be dressed fully like a woman and that running into family or etc will come up so do I want to let them know now or have them be suprised down the road or shouldn't I dress in front of them. I am sure most people will think that I am just a cross dresser or I am a drag queen but I am not either of those. A drag queen doesn't want to be a woman completely or at least I haven;t read anything that they do, perhaps some do.

Most cross dressers are just doing it for fun and nothing else and they are married and don't really want to be the opppsite sex, for me so many emotions are involved in this.

Well Jason, I strongly recommend you to read this: http://www.wikihow.com/Come-out-As-Transgender
I hope it helps you...

I had to visualize it for myself... Please excuse my bad Photoshop skills !!!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2222&stc=1&d=1414259157]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jason74 Wrote:I caved in and I bought some tights and now I can't stop wearing them. I mean I will sit around in my room wearing panties and just tights and it just feels so amazing. I am kind of tired of my boring male clothes, they are not exciting or femme at all (of course they are not, why would they be). I just have fallen in love with femme clothes and it just makes me feel like I am a different person.

A drag queen doesn't want to be a woman completely or at least I haven;t read anything that they do, perhaps some do.

Most cross dressers are just doing it for fun and nothing else and they are married and don't really want to be the opppsite sex, for me so many emotions are involved in this.

Drag may not be where you want to end up, but it might be a good starting point.

Drag queens are character actors. They immerse themselves in the role and try to be the best women they can be... otherwise, they're just a dude in a dress.

Go shopping. Do the whole thing from head to toe. Wig. Makeup. Bra. Dress. Shoes. Tights. Earrings? Throwing on a pair of panties is one thing... but if you're going to do this, you may as well take it for a test spin.

Hiya Jason,

Don't feel that you have to not talk about being transgendered here. It's fine. Yes, there may not be a lot of transgendered posters, but that doesn't matter. What matters is your well being, and if posting here makes you feel better, then do it.

As for how you come out as transgendered, I can't say, I don't think there is a 'correct' way to do it. I can say that when I came out as gay, I only told very close friends and family, and then when I started to feel that I wanted others to know, expanded that.

Just bear in mind that when you do come out, people will have questions about you. If it's something you can answer, do so honestly. If it's something you can't, just tell them this is new to you, and you haven't given that thought yet.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Okay Borg69 that is just scarey, why the hell did you do that, lol. I sure hope I don't look like that. When I do order my wig and what not I will post a picture of me as a woman for all you to see. By then I will get rid of the beard, I just added a recent picture that I took like a few weeks ago. I think once the beard goes then that will be the last I see of any facial hair like that. Yet you never know what life brings you or takes you.