Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out
I came out to my parents the other day and im so happy! They are completely understanding about it and were not dissapointed in me at all. The only thing they where concerned about was that i'd end up on my own for the rest of my life!

Im so glad that my parents are laid back and respecting people. I just feel sorry for those people that struggle having a hard time with it and there parents not dealing with it. Anyways, just thought i'd share my happiness and confirm im officially out of the broom cupboard Big Grin

YAY go you and your parents. My mum was about the same shes cool. She dose get annoying like most mothers do.

scotyboy Wrote:The only thing they where concerned about was that i'd end up on my own for the rest of my life!

Well, you're profile says you're bi, so you get the best of both worlds, no? Or as, I think, Woody Allan said you get double the choice when you go out on a Saturday night. Wink

Also, you're 19 so you have a lot of life yet to find someone. Rolleyes

scotyboy Wrote:Im so glad that my parents are laid back and respecting people. I just feel sorry for those people that struggle having a hard time with it and there parents not dealing with it. Anyways, just thought i'd share my happiness and confirm im officially out of the broom cupboard Big Grin

I was very anxious before I told my mother and she was great too. I'd stumbled around a bit before finally getting the words out. So when I finally said "I'm gay", her response was "Thank goodness for that. I thought something was wrong!" I think those words will live with me for the rest of my life.

Congratulations on being out. I found it very liberating and I felt it allowed me to finally move on and get my life moving in the right direction at last.

Bighug

So pleased to hear your good news.

Try and help your parents not to worry. There is no reason why you should have to end up on your own if you don't want to. Contrary to tabloid opinion, gay relationships can and do last.

colinmackay Wrote:Well, you're profile says you're bi, so you get the best of both worlds, no? Or as, I think, Woody Allan said you get double the choice when you go out on a Saturday night. Wink

Also, you're 19 so you have a lot of life yet to find someone. Rolleyes

I was very anxious before I told my mother and she was great too. I'd stumbled around a bit before finally getting the words out. So when I finally said "I'm gay", her response was "Thank goodness for that. I thought something was wrong!" I think those words will live with me for the rest of my life.

Congratulations on being out. I found it very liberating and I felt it allowed me to finally move on and get my life moving in the right direction at last.

Bighug

It's never too late, is it, Colin??? Well I don't know how your maths or Woody Allen's compute but I wouldn't say you get 100% chances of getting laid... because for one thing maybe all the girls are interested, but certainly not all the men are. Let's say that being really bi affords you more opportunities than if you were only to select from one group of individuals.

Thanks guys!

To clear the record im actually gay, i have just not changed my profile info yet! I was always confused but in the past year i have made my mind up. I see no attraction to girls at all, i can barely notice them hitting on me anymore haha! I would not go off with someone on a saturday night anyway, im seeing someone so i dont need to full-fill my needs elsewhere and i dont like one night stands anyhow!

Glad to hear of everyone elses experiences! The guys/girls at my lgbt centre even gave me a congradulations card Big Grin lol

princealbertofb Wrote:It's never too late, is it, Colin???

Indeed, not too late. Although I have to admit that it still feels like I've just executed a hand-break turn on my life. There was a lot of wheel spin and burning rubber for a while, but I'm now going in the right direction and the smoke has pretty much cleared now.

scotyboy Wrote:Glad to hear of everyone elses experiences! The guys/girls at my lgbt centre even gave me a congradulations card Big Grin lol

That was really nice of them.

Congratulations!

scotyboy Wrote:The only thing they where concerned about was that i'd end up on my own for the rest of my life!

That sounds like part of them would like you to bring a nice boyfriend home to meet them. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Congratulations to you Scotyboy; and especially to your awesome parents.

At 19 you are coming into a world some of us older chaps fought hard for. When I was your age, in the part of the world I live in (California), gay sex was still against the law.

Not that many people were arrested for it, but it was always at the discretion of the authorities if they caught you. And just about no one would approve. The world has changed, and it has been a long struggle. The storm is not past by any means, but if you will pardon my expression, after the storm, then the rainbow. Bounce2 Bounce Boldred Boldlblue Boldblue

You are just beginning the best part of your life, and you have a lot to look forward to. Don't ever fear the idea that gay people end up alone. It's just not true, nor is life some automatic experience that just happens to you.

You are free, out, and ready for anything. Best Wishes

Adeptus