Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out
Quote:At 19 you are coming into a world some of us older chaps fought hard for.

Still fighting to make it a better place.

scotyboy Wrote:Thanks guys!

To clear the record im actually gay, i have just not changed my profile info yet! I was always confused but in the past year i have made my mind up. I see no attraction to girls at all, i can barely notice them hitting on me anymore haha! I would not go off with someone on a saturday night anyway, im seeing someone so i dont need to full-fill my needs elsewhere and i dont like one night stands anyhow!

Glad to hear of everyone elses experiences! The guys/girls at my lgbt centre even gave me a congradulations card Big Grin lol

That's very nice and very supportive, but that's what those centres are for, aren't they? :biggrin:

Yes indeed that is what the lgbt centre is for! I really like going there tbh, the people there are amazing and it really is a place i can be myself without being judged!

I will eventually bring a bf home, sometime in the near future i hope ha ha!

And yes the world is different compared to when you where my age Adeptus, im glad it has changed and that society is more open about these things. There is still a lot of homphobic hate crime going on but together we can tackle it!

scotyboy Wrote:There is still a lot of homphobic hate crime going on but together we can tackle it!

It was homophobia that partially kept me in the closet until last year. Curiously, since I came out I've only received one piece of homophobia directed at me.

I was coming out of a gay bar in Glasgow and a guy across the street yelled "Bloody poofters", or some such thing. When I looked round to see where the shout had come from he ran off.

I think that had it been some years earlier that I would not have looked up and it would have been me to have run off. However, watching this scrawny runt of a man suddenly realise that he wasn't dealling with someone with self-lothing or a lack of self-respect and was actually fairly confident in themselves was quite funny and somewhat pitiful at the same time.

haha, sounds quite amusing tbh! i have only come across homophobicness once, me and a mate where in a kebab shop and my mate was eyeing up the guy behind the counter. Turns out the turkish guy was insecure of his sexuality as he leaped over the counter and started shouting at us and grabbed us both by the scruff of the necks and threw us out screaming and shouting at us threatening to kill us!

Bloody wanker

scotyboy Wrote:... as he leaped over the counter and started shouting at us and grabbed us both by the scruff of the necks and threw us out screaming and shouting at us threatening to kill us! ...
Maybe you could leave some information around for him

http://www.chamberofcommerce.co.uk/main/FILE/697

There are NVQ courses in Customer Service. Sounds like he has yet to attend one. Of course he was in all likelihood breaking the law if the events took place merely as you described. Perhaps there is more to the story?

To be honest, grabbing you by the scruff of the neck and threatening to kill you sounds like a crime (common assault if not more), have you thought about telling the police.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

scotyboy Wrote:haha, sounds quite amusing tbh! i have only come across homophobicness once, me and a mate where in a kebab shop and my mate was eyeing up the guy behind the counter. Turns out the turkish guy was insecure of his sexuality as he leaped over the counter and started shouting at us and grabbed us both by the scruff of the necks and threw us out screaming and shouting at us threatening to kill us!

Bloody wanker
Maybe this happend because of where he grew up or how he was raised? Maybe even because or the big R(religon).
Or maybe he's very sensative about being "eyed up". If there were anyone else there with him maybe he didn't want to look weak or indeed gay infront of his colleague in case word spread to his family(especialy how controling familys can be in some parts of the world).
Or maybe a mix of all these above?:confused:

I'm not trying to say what he did was ok, just that it probably wasn't without reason. It was pretty uncalled for and no doubt breaking the law, I'm just sorry to hear it happend.:mad: Best of luck for the futureXyxthumbs
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:Maybe this happend because of where he grew up or how he was raised? ...

I'm not trying to say what he did was ok, just that it probably wasn't without reason ...
Whatever his history, he's here, it's now and he needs to learn to deal with it.

Yes the events happened as i described them. From what i was told he was turkish, and its a family run business. There were quite a few people that where working with him, when we finnally got out the door another guy came out and said that he was his brother and if we f*"k with him then with f*"k with them all.

Me and my friend are reporting it with the help of our youth worker at the local lgbt centre. Homophobic hate crime should not be tolerated regardless of your history or beliefs. Im not racist to the people that come here from other countries and do what they do so why should i be made to feel like that in my own country? We all have a right to freedom etc etc or at least i thought we did.