Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to my sister this weekend
Hopefully I will have the courage to go through with this.
This weekend we're going shopping and that's when I plan on telling my little sister that I'm gay. We've always had a good relationship (we're 3 years apart), but lately we have not been as close because of the secret I've been keeping.
What's worse is she is crazy religious (we share the same dad but different mom's), like she's been home schooled for all of high school and plans on going to a christian college and is very closed minded about anything not okay with the bible.
Sometimes she calls me fag and gay when we're talking, but jokingly.. and its like she knows, but she doesn't want to believe her suspicion. And her calling me that actually does hurt, but I laugh and play along like it doesn't.
Its time I tell her.
I'm scared of her reaction and how she will think of me afterwards. But I hope we become closer after this. The stress of holding this in is killing me! lfjlksdfnsongwo

Good luck dude! Remember, there is way more of the bible dedicated to loving your neighbor than there is to hating gay people. You're going to be fine. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

im sure its goin to be fine, my little sister was so supportive of me when i come out. hopefully yours too Smile

Good luck! I hope all goes well for you Wink

Sisters usually will support you even when no one else does, I understand the religious aspect, but just when you think you have a handle on everything people supprise you. At 61 it is hard to supprise me, my other bought me a rosary and gave me a big hug just 6 days ago, so keep the faith that it will work out, but if you have problems come back here for support, Jim
ps. San Diego native. surfer the whole thing, left it all cause my sister who has always supported me needed help
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Well Rob best of luck to you hope all goes well Smile

good luck... i'm sure it will go well!

She is your sister, dude, no way she wont accept you, okay? It will go great! We support you!

i believe your sister love you more than bibles, hope you succeed , cheers............we all support you here .

dont worry about that Robbie... i just came out to my sister lessa than a week ago...
she is strictly religious too... but it was really great Big Grin she still cant accept the idea but
at least i know fee lighter somehow coz i dont need to hide who am i really infront of
her anymore and im sure she will get over this soon Big Grin best of luck mate

Bighug