Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to parents
i'm having the same problem. I really want to do it, but I'm afraid my parents just won't accept me anymore (mostly my dad)

of course they won't, at first. but just let them feel and show them, everyday, that it's who you are and that it will make you happy being real with yourself.

I've been struggling with the same issue. I was really freaking myself out. So, I had to drop that issue and let myself breathe. I felt like I was suffocating.

But, one evening I was chatting with toomuch45 (TY for saying it’s ok to mention you. You are a good friend!) and as we talked he told me that his mom wasn't surprised when he told her because he had kind of left drawings and stuff around and it was an "I know" moment. And, that's where I realized I had been making my mistake. It was kind of one of those "light bulb moments."

That really helped me because it made me realize I've been so uptight with hiding that maybe it's time to drop some little hints. I think I have all my secrets buttoned up very tightly. I don't think I've left any clues.

Western countries have an open mind about this although there is some trouble. But in my countries, Gay is still a very very big problem and coming outis even the most difficult situation in gay life. My family has 2 sons, but my brother is gay too. I don't know how i'm going to talk my parents into accepting this truth.

that's true. Asian countries have difficulty accepting a person's homosexuality. Most of them rather want this to be hidden than out. I envy American culture so much.