Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to the family. :?
Hey there,
okay so here's the thing, I'm gay. I have been for as long as i can remember. I've come out to a lot of my close friends (around 10) and I've come out to my aunts that are gay and my sister. My brother, on the other hand, I have come out too. I thought about it a just about did once but i think that he is a bit immature about it and would take it in an odd sense. So here's my dilemma: I want to be out of the closet to everyone in my life, but I've hit a wall while trying to come out to the family. I don't know how to do it easily. I don't find being gay a bad thing at all but my dad is like always ragging on the gays and my mom is christian so she is a bit weird about homos. How would i come out to them?!
ADDITIONALLY INFORMATION:
I'm a triplet. I have a hunch that my bro is gay.

Thanks for any advice Smile

If you're sure you want them to know, but you just have trouble building up the guts to tell them, you could have your sister tell them.

Me, personally, my brother told my parents. (I didn't ask him to, but it saved me some trouble I guess)

Did they say anything to you about it or confront you? LOL i like how you commented on both my posts Tongue
Thanks a lot though.. Smile

Oh ya, there was a shit storm over it, but don't let that deter you. My mother is a nutball.

yeah, I don't think it should be too much of a problem but i'm sure that my grandparents will disown me! But i guess we'll see :S

Well, talk to your bro first, mention to him that you might be interested in dudes and you are exploring it right now and see his reaction. Take it easy. As for your parents, wait till youre 18 or something, so that you're not dependent on them if something too bad happens. But with them again, take it easy. If you love them and really care about what will happen when you come out to them, then try dropping hints first. Like, talk about this gay themed movie or about liking this artist...something like that. And then try to gently let them know, maybe? :/