Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commitment?
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hey there boys! It's time for another rousing edition of 'An Open Question'

brought to you by LibertyLove4 and the support of viewers like you![/COLOR]

This weeks theme song is........'Single Ladies (Put a ring on it)' by Beyoncé

[COLOR="Navy"]On to this weeks question....

I'm sure we have all met those guys we can describe as "commitment phobic', 'Not ready for a relationship', etc ad nauseum. We have either met these guys in our own lives or seen them portrayed in countless dramas on television and in movies. So my question to you is, are these guys just residing in immaturity, afraid of their own feelings or are they just destined to be the 'perpetual bachelor' not necessarily an asshole, but just not interested in a relationship with anyone. A perfect example of afraid of commitment would be Brian Kinney on the american gay drama 'Queer as Folk'. Let me know what you guys think, for I am really torn on this one.
[/COLOR]
Thanks all for stopping by and I will see you all again with a new installment next week..........love y'all like brothers from another mother Biggrina

I think it can be both, it's hard to generalize. There's bound to be some people out there who just aren't mature enough to commit, but there must be people who just don't want to commit as well.

Why does not wanting commitment automatically make you an arsehole?? Some people genuinely don't need to live with someone else and good for them. I'm the polar opposite. It takes all sorts to make a world. I have no problem with the idea of a man who doesn't want commitment, and in fact one of my closest friends is just like that. I've learned a lot from him over time about how to just get on with being happy all by yourself, and if something happens, to enjoy it for what it is.

Not wanting to commit doesn't make you an asshole, there are plenty of people who commit and yet are the biggest assholes in the world. I think most people should strive for the middle, not petrified of commitment, but also not looking for a ring after every one night stand or first date. You need to be happy with just yourself if you have any chance of lasting in a long term relationship. I know quite a few guys who don't want to commit and they happen to be some of the most self-assured and happiest guys I know. On the flip side some of the most unhappy people I know like to characterize every guy they date or fuck as "the one" and then get their hearts broken when their happily ever after ends not so happily. Like I say forevers don't last as long as they used to so one must be happy with themselves and then if a guy they fancy comes along give it a whirl. If it works out, yay! If not, hey at least you got laid.

To commit or not to commit is not always the question. If you're single and enjoying it, that's fine. Looking for commitment in other people is not a good idea. It's better to be open to commitment when a suitable opportunity arises.

Renne nach dem Glueck, Run after happiness
Doch renne nicht zu sehr. But don't run too hard.
Denn alle rennen nach dem Glueck, Everyone's running after happiness
Das Glueck rennt hinterher. Happiness is running behind.

Apologies to Bert Brecht for the translation.