Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Help
Can someone please help with my internet problem. First of this happens with all the internet browsers i use. But the problem is whenever i click on a link aywhere google, yahoo etc. my browser will redirect me to a random web-page, it is usually the same five sites that it redirects me to. I do noot knoow how to fix it but it really annoys me and i just want to get rid of it. thank you to anyone who helps. xx

Hmm, I'm no expert, but it sounds like you've picked up a little something on your surfing travels Wink What internet security program(s) are you using? Have you carried out a full malware check recently?

i have norton, why? what should i do?

Probably the first thing to do is to do a full system check. Open up Norton and set it to scan your whole computer - although if it had been properly configured in the first place it should have caught any malware on it's way in, so maybe it's something else ... I've only got the French Norton on this computer (and the terms used for its functions are not always directly translatable) and I use Kaspersky in England, so I can't direct you. Someone else here will have Norton and will probably have a better idea of how to help. The problem you describe sounds like a spyware infection to me. If so it is possible that you may need to think about getting hold of an anti-spyware program.

This sounds like a real nuisance. Good luck.

If it's only been happenign quite recently, I suggest doing a system restore which should set your computer back to how it was a few days ago.

how do i do a system restore? Invasion yay my first smilie... sorri how do u do it then?

(1) Go to the windows button at the bottom left corner.
(2) Go to Control Pannel which on the bottom right hand side of the menu
(3) Click on the System and Maintennence
(4) Click on the Backup and Restore Centre
(5) in the side bar their should be Tasks and under it Repair windows using system restore click it and then let it do it's job Big Grin

This is certain that it'll work, but 9 times out of 10 for me this has always fixed problems on my computer. If this does fail I could also suggest chageing browsers for instance Personally I find FireFox the best.