Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking Tips, Tricks, and Cheats
[Image: how_i_make_ramen__by_cocoaeyes-d68mwr1.jpg]

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Sear the exterior of a skinless chicken breast. This means you get the pan hot (stove on highest setting) with a wee bit of oil. Drop the breasts in, let them sit about a minute turn them over and repeat. Both sides will be browned on the exterior.

Reduce heat to cook. What juice that is there will get stuck in the meat once the flesh is cauterized by the searing process.

Aha! I knew someone was gonna say that Big Grin

The searing the surface thing is actually a myth,

The only real way to keep breast juicy is to either add thin slices at the very end of cooking, contrary to what jarred sauces instruct, or to cook at a very low temperature.

See it isn't my fault my boobs are all dry and dusty xD

Ok, here's a question for all the talented cooks on here.
I met a guy who loves sushi, and I love to make sushi, but he has a sensitivity to wasabi, he puts up with it because he loves sushi.

I would like to find something I can use to substitute so I can make him sushi without him having any internal distress.

Any Ideas?

Richard

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Sear the exterior of a skinless chicken breast. This means you get the pan hot (stove on highest setting) with a wee bit of oil. Drop the breasts in, let them sit about a minute turn them over and repeat. Both sides will be browned on the exterior.

Reduce heat to cook. What juice that is there will get stuck in the meat once the flesh is cauterized by the searing process.

Oh I see now... "THE breasts"....
God-damn! I only wish I'd not missed the wee word "THE" first time round :eek:

Decided to "wing the "turn them over" bit & left that out. but boy, are they brown.... And then some!

Did sort'a wonder why you made no mention of "crispy nipples", damn, I can now cut glass with mine...

Trial by error

If you're baking a chiffon or sponge cake in a round pan that doesn't support inverted cooling, to turn it upside down to cool, clip some clean clothespegs onto the side of the pan and turn it upside down to avoid shrinking.

I did this a couple days ago and I made this lovely thing[Image: 1017180_10200211521917521_326658044_n.jpg]

The ultimate cooking trick!

1. Realize you can't make more "advanced" food without hurting yourself.
2. Realize that your future time at university will come with financial instability.
3. Accept a perpetual state of ramen-making.
4. Hope to marry chef in future.