Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could my sleepwalking be connected to me being closeted
Hello all!!! Well my fourth occurance just happened last Saturday night. It only has happened when I drink. The first couple times weren't bad so I just blew it off but it has gotten worse. Basically it feels sorta like a dream, I feel my body heat up a lot, almost a feeling of a fire inside the room and I'm trapped. I feel as though I don't escape, I might suffocate. Then I wake up in another room and realize whats going on and catch my breath. Then back off to sleep. Crazy right? Well last Saturday night I was on Vacation with my parents and they were asleep in the hotel room and I arrived back after a night on bourbon in New Orleans. I was a little drunk but remember everything up until falling asleep. My parent told me the next morning that right after I went to sleep, I jumped out of bed breathing very heavy and yelling about something and having a loud arguement about something that never occured and very random. Then I punched the wall several times and then cooled off and went back to bed. I remember nothing of this. And now I am very scared. I am in the closet still but have been getting prepared to come out. I think maybe holding in all these emotions, feelings, secrets, regrets, and sorrows is stressing me out to a point that when I drink maybe my body is acting out. I don't know. Maybe one has nothing to do with the other, but I would like some input. Sorry for the long story just didn't want to leave anything out and believe it or not I shortened the story lol. Thanks

this has nothing to do with being in the closet. theres been tests done, its a chemical imbalance in your brain that makes you sleep walk and do different occurances actually. theres pills you can take to help control it and you can also go to therapy for it also.

Therapy for being in the closet doesn't sound like a bad idea, either.

Both the responses above are good.
I'd only add, why not abstain from the alcohol until you're more confident in other areas of your life? I've been sober among drunks before now, it's easy to fall in with the crowd behaviour and no fuzzy head the next day, so it's not a great loss.

If this is only happening after you consuming alcohol, then maybe you should reduce the intake a little.

I can understand the concern about what if you start taking in your sleep, and talking about your sexuality. You could out yourself while sleeping!

I know when I was going though my emotional "am I gay" period drinking figured quite highly, and I was always paranoid that I would out myself.

Look on the bright side. At least you didn't jump out of bed naked in front of mom and dad ;-)

ObW
x