Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover for my book (Need cover opinions)
Hey guys,

I'm going to be (re)releasing my book of poetry under my name, Beau Blue. I had released it before, but I had not concentrated my efforts on using Amazon's promotional tools and I really want to try and branch out to poetry, along with my regular writing (which is under a different name.)

Now... since I'm dirt poor and have a moderate amount of artistic skill, I'm editing/manipulating public domain stock photos into covers.

Let me know which one you guys prefer. I wanted to make one in a red variant with a different image, but I'm partial to these two.

[Image: ZTAkxl.jpg]

[Image: TWD4il.jpg]

I love the first one with the swan, or you could do a cover of a close up of someone washing their hands. best of luck to you though Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I don't know why, but I got really excited for you for some reason... lol

But I like the first one, sort of hard to see the black lettering though.

What is the poem[s] about?

Generally, what ever the general or most frequently visited topic is, is what you should corrolate with as a cover. I.e-

Birds
Reptiles
Seasons
Mammals
Music

So the book's cover should have something to do with animals or nature and perhaps if possible, somehow combining them, but cohesively.

I like the idea, however, of a waterfall, cascading down on someone with his/her hands raised in the air, just by your title alone Smile .

I have no clue why, but seeing this is really exciting! lol Loveya

I like the swan personally, but I agree with QueenOdi about the color of the text, it is difficult to read due to its dark hue. Good luck! Confusedmile:

I like the first one with the swan. Confusedmile:

I too like the first one Smile

Just some ideas - Make the 'hands' and 'clean' white with a black outline and the 'Poems by Beau Blue' white in the same cursive as before.

My 2 cents :p

The Swan, but change the font colours please

both are pretty lame, you need something awesome like a macho hero holding a babe on top a hill of defeated enemies, Uzi in one hand, claymore sword in the other, oh and add a unicorn too:biggrin:

Out of the two, the first one is very striking, but the second is very metaphorical. Maybe you could do a color tint with the second, and use a golden cursive script there.

I like them both, but I lean more to the swan. It catches my eye more.