Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curing Disease
If you had the power to cure one disease...what would it be..and why?

My answer is AIDS. In addition to the deaths I think it has crippled millions of people who have become afraid of sex... and people who are afraid are easier to manipulate and control...not a good scenario.....

I also think gay men had a lot to give the world in general and humanity suffered a huge loss when this disease was manufactured.....

Is stupidity a disease? :biggrin:

Uneunsae Wrote:Is stupidity a disease? :biggrin:

Yeah...and it would be nice to have a curePray

Diseases that come to mind are:

Diabetes

HIV/AIDS

Blindness

Muscular Dystrophy

Just one? I'd say ignorance, but only because it also causes the stigma that make having a cure for diseases like HIV/AIDS difficult because few really understand how transfer between vector to victim actually occurs and automatically assume that irresponsibility was the reason for transmission, so namely - blaming the victim. It's also the reason why individuals with mental illness or psychological disorders are frowned upon since a lot of people don't even acknowledge the existence of such occurrences and find people like me threatening because of my openness about it.

Plus, some of the people who may have historically had some of these conditions may have changed the course of history for the positive while others never get the chance due to being ostracized.

In other words, stigma sucks, and it's all because of the ignorance. :/

Well said.

OK, so maybe this will sound weird, but I would have to say mental illness (and yes, I know that there's more than one disease process involved there).
In my experience, mental illness is responsible for more death, destruction and misery than any other disease I can think if. And the statistics actually bear it out. It's just such a tragic waste.

Can I be a little out there and say I'm not sure I would cure any disease? Especially straight away... already people are living longer.. and thats straining the economy and resources. Don't get me wrong its great people now live longer but... we can't cope with it... If we can make sure we can cope before curing this disease then okay! If not then I'm unsure.. I think I'd pick an STD.. not sure which but one of them as they impact other parts of your life, and future!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Too many humans already exist.

This planet is overburdened to the breaking point.

Modern medicine has condemned millions if not billions to starving.

Thus I would cure the high fertility rate of the human species, bring it closer to balance with the natural death rate to balance out that equation and to keep the human population in perpetual balance with its ecology.