Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customer Services
So, I emailed the customer services at an international pizza chain asking for ingredients as my fiancé is allergic to garlic.

Their reply was unhelpful (I didn't initially specify what the allergy was, I figured they'd already know what ingredients they used). They asked me to specify what the issue was and I said it was garlic.

I then got back an incredulous "are you allergic to garlic?" (I thought that was rather rude)

So I send back a reply saying it was my fiancé (note the spelling, I'm very obviously using the masculine form)... To which I got back the unhelpful reply that their pizza sauce contains garlic so my *girlfriend* can't eat their pizzas!

They serve more than pizza. So what can my fiancé (dressed in drag, presumably) eat?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

a lot of times the company dosnt have it all together, in other words the products are a technical disaster. thus the burden falls onto customer service;
-they are kept in the dark and not well informed
-the products are not as expected, a high percentage of customers are up set

if the company dosnt answer your question directly, well, do you think those little ingredient labels are 50% accurate? in that case would the company even want to talk to you?

why is it you go to a local shop and see the pizza made and its $24.99? dude, you buy a $3.99 pizza, they imported via a over seas container and are make in Vietnam.

I would be worried going to that pizza outfit if I had a nut allergy, I certainly would want to know what the ingredients were if I asked.

Coffee

Almac Wrote:I would be worried going to that pizza outfit if I had a nut allergy, I certainly would want to know what the ingredients were if I asked.

Coffee

They do have allergen advice on their website, but garlic is unusual enough that it isn't included.

In fact I did send back a response to ask that if my fiancé dressed in drag, would it be possible to prepare a pizza without the pizza sauce (I know that the McDonald's of pizzerias, Pizza Hut, are perfectly happy to do this.)... I got back a rather humourless response that they can do this, but not while ordering on-line (which I'd never mentioned, so I guess they'd already made that assumption)

I have worked in retail for almost 25 years and have seen customer service in general become a thing of the past. I blame this on the multi-nats like MacDonalds, Pizza Hut, Dominos domineering in the market place.

Service has gone from 'What can we do for you' to 'This is how we do it, if you don't like it, go else where'

So I encourage you all to support local businesses like the local gormet pizza store and keep them in business on competition in the market.

Fox's pizza den, wine and all, that's my local favorite, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Sounds like the individual from customer service doesn't know the difference between fiancé and fiancée. Your reply back "if my fiancé dressed in drag" gave me a laugh when I visualized the confusion the customer service people had by not grasping their mistake.

My partner is allergic to tree nuts & green leafy vegetables, which can be difficult to avoid in some restaurants. When he starts coughing during a meal, I know he just swallowed something he wasn't supposed to be eating. Luckily, he is mildly allergic and recovers within a few minutes.