Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cymru.
Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus!

Caru Marc. x
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

*pretends to get it* LOL!Oh Twazzle,you say the funniest things!Seriously though,huh?

Happy St Davids Day!

Its happy st davids day in welsh ;>
[/COLOR]

Happy St David's Day Carriad xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I don't know how many of us have learnt to write and speak Welsh (I'd say not too many) and therefore would ask you kindly to give us a translation as you go along... We might, eventually learn some. Cymru am bith. (or is it byth?)

Oh... and... er.... Happy Saint David's Day (what day is that?)

What special celebrations go on on Saint David's Day for the Welsh? This is an area I really don't know at all...

St.Davids day is the day in which the welsh celebrate the patrient saint David.

Basically im not TOO sure on the story but I think it has something to do with sleighing a dragon or something like that. (There are many different versions).

The Eistedfodd traditionally Happens on March 1st. (St.Davids day). Which is a range of competitions to get their place on the welsh throne,(Best way to describe it).

It includes poem contests and all that jazz. Normally because of the weather and that, the eistedfodd takes place june/july, but its all for the same thing.

In schools all over wales, days leading up they take part in all these competitions, and likeee, singing contests etc etc, and the schools split into houses, (Teams), in which each competition earns them points for their teams.

Normally the teams are

Ty Gwylth - Green
Ty Glas - Blue
Ty Coch - Red
Ty Melon - Yellow

(Dont ever quote me on spelling :tongue: ).

But then someone out of all the teams, just one person gets to seat on the chair, because of overall outstanding effort.

Most people wear a daffodil, (Welsh symbol), and in town today they were giving them away free.

But like alot of welsh pride is shown Wink
[/COLOR]

Thank you for those explanations, Mark... Appreciate it. Wink

Sounds like a very fine way to celebrate Welsh pride.

I dont get the USA way of celebrating at all. Forth of July sounds like a battlefield with all the small firecrackers.

Presidents Day is in celebration of our most important Presidential leaders and is celebrated with furniture sales!