Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Day
[Image: MAIN-D-day.jpg]

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security to yourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have in*flicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tidehas turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Al*mighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

Come on, I can't believe no one else posted anything about this.

If D-Day never happened just think would the world would be like?

Sorry just feeling fed up as it doesn't seem anyone cares these days. Even Fascism is on the rise again. Seems things are heading backwards but no one is interested in what happened before.

I understand how you feel. It seems that much of today's youth could care nothing of the sacrifices from the generations that came before. I am active duty in the US Army and this day resonates.

Thank you for your post. It's important for days like today to never be forgotten.

[Image: d-day-6.jpg]
[Image: d-day-3.jpg]
[Image: d-day-2.jpg]
[Image: d-day-5.jpg]
[Image: d-day-8.jpg]
[Image: d-day-7.jpg]
[Image: d-day-9.jpg]
[Image: d-day-11.jpg]
[Image: d-day-12.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-27.jpg]b\
[Image: D-Day-28.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-7.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-22.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-29.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-4.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-16v2.jpg]
[Image: world-in-pic-1.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-8.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-6.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-9.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-18.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-10.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-11.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-12.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-19.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-15.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-17.jpg]
[Image: D-Day-20.jpg]

with deep appreciation...slides from the independent.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Gone but never, never forgotten. I apologise is I have not written anything on this subject but it doesn't mean that I don't care. Without all those young soldiers (average age 19) we would not be here now. Either that or we would all be speaking German.

If you ever have an opportunity to visit one of the war cemeteries in France, do so. It is a very sobering and emotional experience. Those who lie there did not fight in vain but they paid the ultimate sacrifice. For us. This is the reason why we should all be on guard against the present rise in Facism. Those who ignore history will live to regret it.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

82ND airborn
sgt winters commanding his crew as they dropped in on Normandy the night before.
THIS WAS THE GREATEST BATTLE EVER PERIOD!!!

This actually decided weather we would be under German rule 3rd riech (don't think I spelled that right) or under skull and bones, Free Mason Society. This was the turning point. We HAD to win at any cost. It didn't matter how many had to DIE. We could not loose this battle.
Those bunker we were up against had enough cement to make 7 hoover damms.

German General Romel went to his wife's 53 birthday party, leaving the post at Normandy along with many of the German solders who NUMBER 1-- didn't think an attack would ever happen with such bad weather and NUMBER 2---Our disinformation and counter spy info led Hitler to believe we were attacking in Norway
STILL, with all this set in place, we still had a vicious bloody battle. Most of our donald duck (support transports) were sunk in the English channel as we stormed Omaha Beach. We still pressed on, dodging bullets and morter rounds, Many DIED. But we kept comming wave after wave.

When the Germans looked out from their bunkers towards the English channel on the morning of June 6 1944 they saw 7000, seven thousand war ships and transports, (They Knew A We Came For A Fight) and fight those men did. Watching their comrads Fall right in front of them, (you know, they were just teenage boys, maybe 20 or 21) They cried out when they were hit, yet their brothers had to keep moving to win this battle.
(I get choked up when I think about what those Guys, boys, went through)
and they knowingly did this all on the fact that they were fighting for the FREEDOM for their mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and everyone in the known world.
They should NEVER be forgotten, I love them all.
Peace Out.

bumpy bump bump

Thank you for your post artyboy Smile

Please listen to this veteran speaking (he's over 90) and was 19 during the war... This is the best response I've heard so far. He's the first person to phone in the programme (Any Answers)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b045xpq2