Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating Sites
I'ts not a joke, but I find it funny hehe.
I've noticed my thoughts while scrolling through dating site's profiles-
There are some people in the pictures that I can tell are serial killers or something like that.
Elkgrin

I tell you what's funny about dating sites to me.

The only people who don't complain about who they meet on them are potential serial killers.

EVERY gay guy I know who's on them has had more bad experiences than good. If I ever get single I'll never get on one of them just from hearing all the hell they've gone through on them.

Hey now....

I actually worked with a serial killer...seriously...NOT a joke....

...and he made me want to throw up...made my skin crawl...and everyone...I mean EVERYONE ...was in love with him because he was "hot"....

BARF! I didn't know he was a mass murderer...I'm an empath....I'm not a psychic...I just knew he was creepy as fuck.

I tried to warn everyone but they all laughed at me and made jokes about me..sang the Twilight Zone theme to me...HAHAHAHAHA

I was really mean to him and confronted him over and over...really stupid on my part...

When he was on the front page...they all asked me "how I knew?" Uh...shallow fuckers....LOL...how you YOU miss it?

That is why when someone wants to only deal in FACTS and has no appreciation for instinct/sensitivity...I think they are as seriously flawed as they think I amXyxthumbsWinknudge

Oh yeah..dating sites? No thanks...Even at my age I could easily find a date in my day to day travels if I wanted one...but I don't.

I'm like you, East. I trust my instincts about people and really don't try to analyze why I get good or bad impressions of them. I wish I was wrong more times than I am about people who give me a bad impression. Like the super super super friendly woman who was hired to work 3rd shift at our local all night gas station. I just "knew" something wasn't right about her and started to say something to the store manager. She was caught selling 12 packs and cases of beer to her friends for the price of six packs.

Virge Wrote:I tell you what's funny about dating sites to me.

The only people who don't complain about who they meet on them are potential serial killers.

EVERY gay guy I know who's on them has had more bad experiences than good. If I ever get single I'll never get on one of them just from hearing all the hell they've gone through on them.

I've been on two dates recently (different people) with guys I meant on okcoooopid. One date went really well (according to me, though apparently not to the other guy) and other date was fantastic (according to the other guy, but not me).

They were both very normal fellas... no serial killerness did I detect.

Though I might have given off some creep vibes. For the first date I suggest we meet at a place called "Shady Cafe." I kid you not. Unbelievably the guy thought it was kinda funny and agreed to meet (it was his first internet date too). The irony of it didn't even occur to me when I mentioned the place.

If you showed up in your clown outfit I could understand how things might not get off to a good start. The thing about meeting and there being no mutual chemistry would be my biggest problem meeting guys online first and then in person. I'd know in like 2 minutes if there was going to be more to it and bet most guys do as well. Then you're stuck in an uncomfortable situation with someone trying extra hard to get you to like them as much as they like you which makes things that much more awkward and harder to bring to an easy goodbye.

I'm projecting from what guys have told me and my few times a year getting to gay bars alone -- just to socialize. When I do that there's always at least one guy who tries his best to crawl into my skin in spite my body language and me telling him In a relationship. Those guys aren't that tough to get away from because you can just get up and scoot. BUT meeting someone for a "date" and being ready to end it after 5 minutes and feeling you have to sit there just to be polite would awkward for me. I'd do it but it would be really awkward especially if I detected he was interested in me and interpreting me staying there to be polite as a sign that i was interested in him.

How to handle that without sounding like a jerk? I hate hurting people's feelings unless they really piss me off and deserve some hurt.

[Image: hannibal.jpg]

Avoid this guy.

I haven't had any issues on any dating websites. I may not have found "Mr. Right", but I didn't meet anyone who was a psycho.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!