Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Chappell "Cancelation" Controversy.
(10-18-2021, 12:21 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well I watched it. So I do have some mixed feelings about some of the things he said about siding with the TERF's and whatnot. However, here's what I think. Watch it first, because I think more context is needed before you write Dave off as a transphobic hateful SOB, because I don't think that he is. I can't speak for Chappelle though nor do I want to. Nor am I suggesting or giving Dave excuses for what he said. However, I don't think anything he said came from a place of hate or that his intent was to harm or diminish transgender people, doesn't make what he said right and definite not PC that's for sure.

Just to draw comparisons, consider the example in my last post about Sam Kinison and the gay necrophilac joke and compare it to Dave's example.

Ah, TERFs. I'm always split on them. I do agree that women should have a "safe space", if you will, for women only. And no, trans women are not biological women. I think it's unfair to inject biological males into an ideology that is supposed to directly be biological women... So I for sure get their point. 

However, I dislike modern feminist to a great degree, so...eh. Whatever. Screw um.

(10-18-2021, 08:03 PM)Adam88 Wrote: Ah, TERFs. I'm always split on them. I do agree that women should have a "safe space", if you will, for women only.

Safe spaces? I thought you were all against the idea of safe spaces.

(10-18-2021, 08:03 PM)Adam88 Wrote: And no, trans women are not biological women. I think it's unfair to inject biological males into an ideology that is supposed to directly be biological women... So I for sure get their point. 

However, I dislike modern feminist to a great degree, so...eh. Whatever. Screw um.

No transgender women are not biologically female. But tell us, are transgender women "women" in your view? What is unfair about "injecting biological males into an ideology that is supposed to directly be biological women." What ideology is it? Where is the line drawn between biological women and transgender women for you? What do you think is fair?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I am against "safe spaces". I think the entire concept is idiotic. And no, trans-women are not women. They are trans-women. They ideology I speak of is feminism, yes feminism has generally hade male occupants, but they weren't pretending to be women. Trans women are just that, men LARPing as women by trying to display every stereo-type of a woman. Bit sexist if you think about it.

So you think transgender people are just pretending, more specifically they knowingly pretend to be men/women? Do you think transgender people have a mental illness?

Now this might sound rhetorical, but are you gay as you claim to be on your profile? Do you find that you being gay is a choice you have made or is that just the way you and other people are?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

(10-19-2021, 09:55 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: So you think transgender people are just pretending, more specifically they knowingly pretend to be men/women? Do you think transgender people have a mental illness?

Now this might sound rhetorical, but are you gay as you claim to be on your profile? Do you find that you being gay is a choice you have made or is that just the way you and other people are?

Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(10-18-2021, 10:18 PM)Adam88 Wrote: I am against "safe spaces". I think the entire concept is idiotic. And no, trans-women are not women. They are trans-women. They ideology I speak of is feminism, yes feminism has generally hade male occupants, but they weren't pretending to be women. Trans women are just that, men LARPing as women by trying to display every stereo-type of a woman. Bit sexist if you think about it.

Being a male that is attracted to other males id a far different ball game than being a male and thinking I'm a female. But please do go on. Please tell me how "identifying" as one thing make you that thing in reality.

(10-20-2021, 07:06 AM)Adam88 Wrote: But please do go on. Please tell me how "identifying" as one thing make you that thing in reality.

Oh no no. You're telling all of us what is correct and right.

(10-20-2021, 07:06 AM)Adam88 Wrote: Being a male that is attracted to other males id a far different ball game than being a male and thinking I'm a female.

Are you attracted to men because you chose to be? That is a simple question that I asked, you did not answer it. Answer the question, did you choose to be gay or not and regardless of your answer how does it differ from being transgender?
Check out my stuff!

(10-20-2021, 12:21 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Oh no no. You're telling all of us what is correct and right.

Are you attracted to men because you chose to be? That is a simple question that I asked, you did not answer it. Answer the question, did you choose to be gay or not and regardless of your answer how does it differ from being transgender?

Yes, I am telling you what is correct and right, as you obviously cannot figure it for yourself. 

And I don't know why I'm attracted to males. Neither do you. Science hasn't yet discovered if its a born in trait or adopted, or both.

(10-22-2021, 11:33 PM)Adam88 Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 12:21 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Oh no no. You're telling all of us what is correct and right.

Yes, I am telling you what is correct and right, as you obviously cannot figure it for yourself. 

And this is why there is absolutely no point debating anything with you. You are not willing to listen to anyone else but your own soapbox preaching.
[-] The following 2 members Like Cridders88's post:
  • ChadCoxRox, InbetweenDreams

(10-23-2021, 11:11 AM)Cridders88 Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 11:33 PM)Adam88 Wrote:

And this is why there is absolutely no point debating anything with you. You are not willing to listen to anyone else but your own soapbox preaching.
Having conviction isn't a bad thing, handsome.