Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear English Members,
What does it mean to be "a blue"?

Emiliano Wrote:What does it mean to be "a blue"?

To be honest, I don't believe I have ever heard that phrase.

If they said "he is blue" would mean you are sad.

but "he is a blue" ... saying blue/green can be interchangeable as safety colors IE hes green could mean hes clear or hes good, or perhaps its a statement of gender, IE blue for boys, pink for girls, something like that?
Or perhaps its a reference to blue balls IE they think someone does not get off enough xD (grasping at straws here). But I have been an "English" speaker all my life so, perhaps he misspoke or was misunderstood?

English speakers or people from England?

People from England. Like English people.

Ive been watching this English tv show and a character was outed as trans by another in front of her date. And the guy who outed her was like, "Did she tell you she was born a bloke?" and her date said something like, "Yeah, its best to get that stuff out in the open, I told her I was a blue and we almost had it out."

At least thats what I thought I heard... I figured was a political reference or something? You know, like he was making some kind of joke.

Is English not the word you'd use to describe someone from England?

Emiliano Wrote:Is English not the word you'd use to describe someone from England?

No I think your right ^_^ I misunderstood thinking you simply wanted an English speaker Tongue my apologies.

SilverBullet Wrote:No I think your right ^_^ I misunderstood thinking you simply wanted an English speaker Tongue my apologies.

Its ok. Are you actually from Andorra?

Emiliano Wrote:What does it mean to be "a blue"?

I think it means to have an argument or fight...but they have it listed under New Zealand, but seems to make the most sense maybe? Need someone to confirm. I think [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION] might just know the answer, seems to have a wide pallet of knowledge.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/diction...glish/blue
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

http://forum.transgenderzone.com/viewtop...2nkQcnTVAg

I googled the line and found this. It's a football reference.

himself Wrote:http://forum.transgenderzone.com/viewtop...2nkQcnTVAg

I googled the line and found this. It's a football reference.

Ah yeah, and thats the show too.

What a bad millennial I am. Cant google worth shit.
Thanks.