Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression.... Time to talk
Hello,
As many of us are aware depression is a way nature helps us realise our problems in life... I have been thinking the past two days about what to say as i noticed a collegue at work was suffering from depression and constantly had a face like a slapped arse... People would constantly go on about him and this girl who abuses him... Well yesterday he opened up to me and revealed his missing his mum and sister who died a few years ago... l have a partner who suffers with it and a friend accross the road who has it and im sure theres people on here who hagve it... Well as someone who has had it and survived the ordeal there is hope at the end... I tend to tell people if there is someone who you suspect that is suffering from depression dont ask the obvious.... Are you okay?? Caring or not caring its better to say You alright mate?? in a tone which isnt patronising... I often think about depression and why did it mess my life and allow me to cut myself to pieces over my arms and legs??? Im not ashamed of being a ex self harmer yet im not proud... I am someone with wounds which have a story... l think people who are finding it hard to cope should open up more often especially this time of year... WHETHER IT be a family member, councillor, friend or even a pet... Animals understand grief and pain and will provide a great comfort when needed...
If you know of anyone who has depression this christmas why not invite them round for the holiday season??? If they say No ask them to pop round at some point and tell them how great of a person they are to you... As a friend, foe or neautral level whatever they are christmas is a time where we should care for all those in need...

Kindest regards

zeon
Un offical gayspeak agony aunt

Bit of a hard topic this depression. Unfortuaitly it happens. And veries from person to person. It is a topic that should be talked about espcially around gay youth, as gay youth suicide rates are much higher than that of our hetero brothers and sisters. Why dose it happen so much more often for gay youth?
I think alot of us feel alone in this world. Like where I live I don't have ANY gay friends. I know of a few but I'm not friends with them.
But sometimes we just need to look a little bit harder. Like in other towns I have lots of gay friends and some people even say I'm famous in cirtan towns.

I just want the youth espcially they aren't alone in this world even if it is shit there are people like you and people who want to help you when you are down.

Zeon is right you just need to talk. This forum can be a good place I think, I know I love it here <3

i guess i have psychotic major depression because i was being harassed last summer /fall

i have sex less and less maybe-im angry as hell -but its just words i guess or is it?

dont want to go into details really=pray for me

i guess i have psychotic major depression because i was being harassed last summer /fall

i have sex less and less maybe-im angry as hell -but its just words i guess or is it?

dont want to go into details really=pray for me

Zeon , you are inspirational.
Depression can be very debilitating , people do not realize how much effort it takes to do anything at all.
We also do not realize how heavy a burden they carry.
I am with you on this.

I've had depression for at least 8 years now., possibly up to 10.
I've been seeing psychotherapists(Three so far) for the last 5 years.
Just hope i can shake it eventually...along with my C-PTSD.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:I've had depression for at least 8 years now., possibly up to 10.
I've been seeing psychotherapists(Three so far) for the last 5 years.
Just hope i can shake it eventually...along with my C-PTSD.:frown:
I hope you feel better with more time Sad

Since I was 16 I have suffered from depression on and off and it has been somewhat troublesome. The thing is about depression it can effect anyone and sometimes you can't even tell how that person is feeling. There have only been a select few on here I have told,but seeing this thread and the bravery of people has made me want to share. Well I don't know how it happened but my depression just happened out of the blue, although I was having personal problems at the time it hit me real hard and plagued me till I was about 17. In that time I self harmed by cutting, got drunk alot and just generally didn't look after myself. After that I had quite a respite from it and it didn't resurface again till I was 20, that coupled worth the pressures of university made me go really nutty and almost insane. Well as of this year i'm a bit up and down, good days and bad days but I always try to see the bright side. People with depression sometimes have other issues which accompany their condition, I'm nervous, have OCD, have extreme perfectionism, I fret and worry about the littlest things even more so about the bigger issues but I guess that makes me who I am. Although I have not told friends or even been to a councillor I know I have depression and to an extent I am aquite ashamed of it. I don't think it's something people would expect of me because I seem to be a quite positive person and I look "normal".

To me I feel lucky because I have a friend who I met on Gayspeak about 2 months ago who I can call, text or message online when things get rough and he understands what I am going through. It is that special feeling that keeps me going and knowing that I have a friend who will listen to me really means the world to me. So yes I totally agree with Zeon that just by giving a little bit of your time and listening to someone can really change their world and make a difference. Confusedmile:

interesting Wrote:I hope you feel better with more time Sad

Aww. Thanks.:biggrin:
As they say, time will tell.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

For godsake stop bleating yer heart out,,,, get a grip,,,pull yer socks up and get over it,,,, then move on,,,,,what a load of ninsense. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger,,,,,quoted fro my mother ,,,,,2 husbands ,,, died at 87,,,,5 kids ,,,, went through the depression and WW11,,,,kids wit 3 PHDs,,,,etc etc,,,,Pfft