Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derren brown makes simon pegg think he wants a red bmx
So here derren brown meets simon pegg, who was asked before hand to think of a present he would like, write it down and put it in an envelope in his pocket, if you listen carefully you,ll hear how derren makes him think he wants an entirely different present.

Note - what he is explaining to simon pegg is precisely what hes doing at the same time

Are there any derren brown fans here, this videos quite old but hes done amazing things since this.

Hes played russian roulette live on tv... predicted the lottery numbers live on tv!

Here he is showing you how people can put an idea into another person head, which if someone else done they could tell you was "magic". He doesnt try to fool anybody. Hes also Gay.

I think hes great and love his shows but hes very scary too in equal measure,,,but I like how he tells you how he does it too

Thee's nothing at all magic about it.

It's all done my NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming.

matty7 Wrote:but hes very scary too in equal measure,,,

I agree and some of it still dont make sense, he is the best at what he does.

Vigilias Wrote:Thee's nothing at all magic about it.

It's all done my NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming.

Have you ever seen any of his live shows, he goes beyond!... that clip with simon pegg is mild. One of his shows, in front of a live audience, involving a shower curtain rail was terrifying... it wasnt NLP

"Hes also gay."
Whats that got to do with anything?
I dont understand why people say these things, like all of a sudden its supposed to change your mind on the subject or the person.

Im just saying.

On the other bit....

I've seen this stuff before. I've even been able to do it to a few people.
Its psychological master manipulation (less fancy explanation of NLP). It is considered a form of hypnosis with a bit of illusion and magic thrown in. Basically, you are getting someone to associate certain things you want them to think about, by getting them to look at a certain thing/direction/location, and by using certain words/phrases/suggestions to get them to where they are susceptible to the slightest suggestion from you. And you emphasize these things by hand motions, or touching.

You have to be VERY focused to do this. There is a long, drawn out explanation of how this works.
Unlike magic, it isnt secret...it just takes a lot of putting your mind on one track and never stopping or veering off of it.

For me, its extremely exhausting. I dont have the energy this guy has.
Fun to watch though.

And Simon is CUUUUUUUTE!!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Hes also gay."

I am gay... Just throwing that out there :p

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Hes also gay."
Whats that got to do with anything?
I dont understand why people say these things, like all of a sudden its supposed to change your mind on the subject or the person.

Im just saying.

And Simon is CUUUUUUUTE!!!!

Well I wasn't sure to put that, it makes no difference to me, it was a suprise to me when I found out, someone that I trully admire being Gay, I never suspected, so for that reason I thought to let other knows, its not obvious, I'd like it if people watched more Derren brown shows, you'd really see what he's about. YES all that you mentioned, but even more than that and very very fun to watch. He is the best. Ive seen some other magicians etc, they look like beginners comparred to brown, im just saying in case you think you seen it all, you aint. He is the best in the world, right here in uk... and i fancy him a bit, i just want to delve into his mind.

Here derren amazes stephen fry (short clip) - both as gay as you can get mistertinks :-)

mbennet35 Wrote:I am gay... Just throwing that out there :p

YOU'RE GAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY?????????????????????

OH........MY..........GAWD!!!!!!

(running in opposite direction, screaming)

RoflRoflRofl