Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in God?
Rikki Wrote:Why the capitals?
There are thousands of religions, each professing having one or more true gods. Just it seems obvious its a chronic debilitating addiction that needs to be eliminated.

Sure...I believe in God and Angels and the Devil and Demons...all of those things are inside each one of us.....

I do actually believe in God but not by any definition I have ever heard and pity the poor soul who thinks they are going to not only define "God" for me but to insist they know ":the truth" for anyone but themselves...I then turn into "God's Bitch" and I DO bite:biggrin:. ...I basically think of God as a source of light and as a spirit and our souls eventually evolve on this plane and continue on another plane of existence.

I definitely think our souls/spirit live well beyond our body....I dont' need anyone else to believe that to make it true to me.

I think religion has f*cked up God so bad that most of the people who I actually feel what I will call the "God" spirit from are not religious and do not even believe in God.

I strongly wish there was no religion in the world. The world would be much nicer and safer place.

Nick9 Wrote:I strongly wish there was no religion in the world. The world would be much nicer and safer place.

No it would not. People would just find something else to use to justify being arseholes. Religion is just a tool, it does not do anything on its own and many people use religion for good. It is the application of the tool we need to change, not the tool itself. And the application is down to individuals.

pellaz Wrote:There are thousands of religions, each professing having one or more true gods. Just it seems obvious its a chronic debilitating addiction that needs to be eliminated.

And what about those who genuinely feel and believe their religion benefits them? It is not the content of the belief that matters - each person is entitled to their own - what matters is, again, the application. Do they force it on to others or keep it to themselves or share it in a respectful, debating manner.

Religion. There's an an app for that.

Nope....religion and I have had some nasty experiences which has left a permanent bitter taste in my mouth.

At the risk of offending the topic creator, I feel its best I say no more on the subject because I'll go off on a tangent which is sure to offend many. Suffice it to say Christians and I don't get along.

I'm really not sure, on one hand i'm starting to question a lot of things about the bible and christian version of god, but i still have a belief in something (probably spiritual) higher than us.

Nick9 Wrote:I strongly wish there was no religion in the world. The world would be much nicer and safer place.
quite clear?

yes there is religion and people are free to be that way.

Yes, I believe in God, the Creator of life. Yet the mysteries surrounding this entity are more than our mortal minds can truly understand. There is so much more to God than we can perceive at this time.

I have issues with religion, though. I am not totally against religion (I was raised Catholic) but I question it greatly and rarely partake in the rituals (Going to church, etc).

It must also be said, I believe in the Big Bang and Evolution.

I would say yes. Too many amazing events in life and too many situations I was rescued from not to believe in God. Now there have been some nasty and unfortunate things but overall I believe. I'm starting to believe that The Holy Bible is collection of experiences that people have had that have been made into rules that we should follow. However, I think God works differently for everybody. Just because one person had an experience and result doesn't mean that everyone is going have the same thing.