Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
Alright guys, quick question. I recently started hanging out with this guy from my chemistry class. We had plans to study together today. Yesterday I told him that I was going to be on his side of town today and if he wanted a hand working on his car, I would help. So he took me up on that offer and I helped him for about 2 hours today on his car. We were talking about stuff like work, cars, whatever. Then he randomly asked me if I had girl friend. I said "ehhh". He then asked if I was looking and I pretty much replied with the same thing.

Should I have told him that I'm gay? I'm just afraid that if I mentioned it, that it would ruin the newly established friendship. I guess the reason I ask is because I don't really have that many guy friends. So I was always use to women and they are usually more excepting. Thus, this question really applies to any guys I'm friends with.

And, no. I have no feeling toward this guy. He's obviously straight, and I don't have an attraction toward him. I mean, he's really nice and stuff but nope. No attraction.

I guess that quick question turned into a long-winded one......woops....

you handled it fine....

Now go buy him flowers, a box of candy and a card to leave on his car without signing the card... or sign it with the name of one of his friends you don't hang out with.

Yep, he gave you the perfect set up for you to say you're gay. Ya'll gotta stop acting like it's some big deal. Next time you're working on his car together, maybe you could say something like, "You know the other day when you asked me if I had a GF? I don't have a GF because I'm into guys. Now get me that 5/16 socket wrench, please." And keep working on his car.

Yeah, I don't know why this is a big deal to me. I just don't want to make anything awkward in class. I want to tell him, because I hate lying about this kind of stuff. I had to lie about being gay for 18 years and I'm sick of it. Haha

Yeah, all the other babies were going, "Ga Ga," and you were going "Gay Gay" but no one could understand you.

And my mom thought she was having a girl so she bought me dolls and painted my room pink Wink

She had her suspicions when you were only playing with the Ken doll.

I think you handled it right. I'd wait till the friendship is a bit more established. It isn't a big deal but I'd wait just so you see how he behaves more to see how accepting he is. Or you can bring up topics that allow him to express how he feels about homosexuals and once you get a read on how he feels decide to tell him or not.

If your sexuality ruined your friendship its not a friendship worth having and if you don't tell him you'll always be holding something of you back

Camfer Wrote:Yeah, all the other babies were going, "Ga Ga," and you were going "Gay Gay" but no one could understand you.

Camfer Wrote:She had her suspicions when you were only playing with the Ken doll.

Camfer's posts really tickle my funny bone Roflmao Roflmao