Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you help to keep your city clean?
This video was filmed in Lille, France. You don't really have to understand French to get the message.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

If one plastic cup is the whole extent of Lille's problems, they are already miles away better than people here.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I pick up any half full wine bottles or beer bottles. That counts doesn't it?????
We Have Elvis !!

I never let a wino sleep in the front yard more than a day and a half. After that I dress them like yard gnomes and make them wave at the crackheads as they wander by. In any case, littering is not tolerated,
I bid NO Trump!

Oh, oh,,,,, I pick up pubic hair in public restrooms... That counts too,, doesn't it????

And my perversion continues,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

Lots of jokey comments but in reality it's a serious problem.

Where I live there is a law about fly posting (it carries a fine of 750€Wink but so many people do it and see nothing wrong in doing it. I do my best to remove ilegal posters but they still keep coming. I have tried official avenue but that's been pretty useless. I was informed that I would have to make a denouncement but when I went to the Police Station I was told that I would have to do it at the department of the Environment. Later on the Head od the Police Station assured me that that was incorrect. Anyway, I did go to the Departm,ent of the Environment and there I was assured that no, I had to do it at the Police Station so I went to the main Police Station where I was told by a policeman that no, I couldn't do it there, what I had to do was that each time I saw an ilegal poster to call 092 and wait for a Patrol Car to arrive and then make a denouncement!! Yeah, I can really see a Patrol Car dropping everything to deal with an ilegal poster stuck on a lampost.

So, I have almost given up but still remove posters I find if and when I am able. Trouble is that to do it I use a tiny penknife but in fact it is ilegal to carry such a knife in public and has a fine of 400€.

At work every day when I take my little dog out for her morning and afternoon walk, I always pick up the trash on the street that people throw out of their cars when driving by. I seem to be the only one in the area that picks up after my dog also. There are a few fast food places close by and my street seems to be the dumping ground for wrappers and cups and such. So on our way back to the shop after she does her doody, I clean up trash. I don't get any awards though like in the video!
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

Londoner, you might try using a small pair of pliers to take out the staples and tacks holding the posters. Probably would not get fined for those.

I actually live in a pretty well kept area, even with a park right across the street. I pick up the occasional piece of trash, bottle or paper cup alongside the curb. Other than that we are pretty lucky.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Londoner, you might try using a small pair of pliers to take out the staples and tacks holding the posters. Probably would not get fined for those.

The posters are usually fixed to lamposts with either glue or adhesive tape, no staples.

It's curious that at times I have been asked by the police what I am doing and the comments I have received have been varied. One said that it's a pity there weren't more people like me and another told me not to continue and to go home.

Burn them. Burn all the posters.

I dunno Londoner. On that particular topic. There is legislation about that here too and yet you see politicians more than breaking it on every election, by literally spamming every public space with their faces....so.....yeah....if the upper levels blatanly break the law, you get tired of everything after a while and say "fuck it".

You can't really win that battle unless people chanmge and people will remain fucking stupid for generations to come. Bah.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]