Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you see what I see?
[Image: 69-230-large.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:Took me a while to see the T-rexes. LOL
Me too CD. Mark laughed his ass off til I finally saw them. Facepalm

LJay Wrote:I see the silhouette of a malformed mastodon.
I'm on the wrong medication. I'll have what you're having. Laugh

Virge Wrote:[Image: guy-marriage-killed-the-dinosaurs.jpg][Image: dino.jpg][Image: 24987e80b8927e6271217b25c03dfc16.jpg]

When I read this in my 5th grade science book I cried for 3 days...

[Image: Why-The-Dinosaurs-Died-Out_zps6ff97c7e.jpg]
All copied and sent gay to Mark. After I quit giggling like a schoolgirl. Laugh

Of course I see the Dinosaurs, I love Dinosaurs!

seriously, I saw t-rex opening their mouth at the 1st time, I noticed that it's a bowing men, praying, when I read the caption

MakeDigitalLove Wrote:Of course I see the Dinosaurs, I love Dinosaurs!

Love it.
Rofl

It seems like everyone sees different pictures at first glance. For me I saw two praying human first.

DawnArmy Wrote:It seems like everyone sees different pictures at first glance. For me I saw two praying human first.
I love positive/negative space images. Optical illusion art is often the most "fun" art. The common ones, such as several straight lines drawn at regular intervals through a circle(s) can play tricks on the eye's natural capability of foreshortening objects in terms of distance and the comparison to surroundings. (Sorry. I get a little geeky about art, which I studied in college.) Here's a more complex version of that illusion:
[Image: Parallel_lines.jpg]
Do the horizontal lines look straight or curved?
(This image does my head in a bit, but that's only because the eye is desperately trying to make sense of the illusion.)

The most famous of the dual image optical illusion's is Rubin's Vase:
[Image: Rubin_Vase.jpg]
Which do you see first?
Here a more complex version of Rubin's Vase (aka Rubin's Face):
[Image: More_Complex_Rubin_Vase.jpg]
And if you give the second picture a frame of reference it's even easier to see the secondary image:
[Image: More_Complex_Rubin_Vase.jpg]
The theory is that the white shapes supposedly advance while the black shapes tend to recede. As you can tell from the responses to the OP, that isn't always the case. Although when I placed the black box around the white space in the second Rubin Vase the frame of reference for the eye does make it easier to see the white shape advancing.

Ok, I've embarrassed myself enough. This is Sheldon Cooper signing off from "Fun with Flags". Facepalm

Seriously even now I can only see the nativity set, I cannot see the dinosaurs at all.
Then again I always knew I was stupid lol so this just confirms it.

NerdMonastery Wrote:Seriously even now I can only see the nativity set, I cannot see the dinosaurs at all.
Then again I always knew I was stupid lol so this just confirms it.

Stop it, you're not stupid. If you don't know what you're looking for then it becomes difficult to see it. It helps when looking at any art to have a "studied" eye. Here, I've taken the image and color changed aspects of it, even approximated crude eyes of the dinosaurs. Compare what you see here with the original image.
[Image: nativolution_redux.jpg]
[Image: nativolution.jpg]
Does this help you NerdMonastery?

Err..I came back to this many times and I couldn't see the dinosaurs either...and I tried really hard (which might have been the problem)