Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Turkey will join the EU?
Propaganda creates racism and hate.

turkey isnt ready for eu and the latest results of the election getting AKP more space hit the nail to the coffin, the dead-end to the negotiation of the participating to eu. it wasnt a victory for a democracy, but i hope it wasnt a victory either to the nationalism and religion ideology to add their contribution back to turkeys constitution. Well, only time will tell... but turkey is still far away being a country fitting in eu.

Alto Wrote:I just wanna say [MENTION=23171]koseku[/MENTION] can join the EU because its his birthday and he's quite handsome, no other Turks tho...

I also want to say my replies yesterday were not done with much diplomacy because I was in a crappy mood, I didn't mean to single koseku out, for that I'm sorry, I am just very anti EU!

[Image: 1c174be1a69d74d499b71c8e1215e518.jpg]

koseku Wrote:Hi, as a guy from Turkey, it really interests me to join the EU. I would like to know your thoughts.

Turkey is trying to join the EU since 1999 but not much has been achived i think. We still have problems about corruption, democracy, economy etc but Turkey is one the first modernised muslim populated country (not muslim country because it is secular) and had strong relationship with Europe since long time before...

For me, i definetely want to be in EU for many reasons such as free working area, better life standarts, and western culture. I dont think Turkey can achieve these aims by herself, because our people are lazy, we are always needed to be pushed Smile

I know that many people don't want Turkey to be in EU due to religious reasons but Turks are really secular minded people, we dont mind other people's businesses, there are many churches in Istanbul still.
I'd like to see it happen, and it probably was going to happen in the not too distant future until the refugee crisis took off.

The EU doesn't want the refugees in Turkey becoming their problem. This likely means keeping Turkey out of the EU at least until Syria is stable and ergo the flow of refugees(as well as the number in already in Turkish camps) is significantly reduced.
So my estimate on how long it could take is anywhere between five years and never.

Also, the whole ISIS situation means anything perceived as Muslim related is often incredibly unpopular at the moment with a significant number of people, and Turkey is seen as a Muslim country by many. This could make things difficult for a long time.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Sorry, I know the thread is a bit old, but politics is like, one of my thangs, so I had to find something to respond to.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I don't think so, 'cause if they do they're history.

[Image: FNM_110110-Cover-008-no-dial_s4x3.jpg.re...scape.jpeg]

mrex Wrote:but turkey is still far away being a country fitting in eu.

The same could be said about Greece and that wasn't a deterrent for it happening.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]