Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think he could like me?
I'm a 16 year old guy and a closet bisexual... I have a major crush on this guy in my school. Earlier in the year I caught him staring at me a few times (he's a football player and he always sat the bench... lol anyway, he would usually stare at me when he was on the sidelines and in the halls at school) I told one of my friends I thought he was cute and she told him. He IM'd me on facebook and asked me and I denied everything. He basically told me to stay away from him... When second semester came, we learned that we had 2 classes together. We got sat by each other in each class... In each class a few other people and I noticed that he was staring at me. And whenever I would look at him, he would quickly look away. He usually acts hyper and stuff, but when I get around he acts more awkward and quiet. He avoids all eye contact with me too. Whenever I made the people around us in class laugh, he would always look down at his desk or feet and laugh too (he was trying to hide his laughter). He did that quite a bit. He's come up to me a few times and tried talking(I accidentally ignored him.. I didn't know he was talking to me once and I didn't hear him the other time) but then I tried talking to him in the halls and he acted annoyed the whole time. It's summer now and he came into my work one(a pizza place.) I have never seen him there before and he came after I posted on my facebook where I worked (could just be a coincidence though). He wouldn't even look at me the whole time he was there... I recently asked him on facebook if he still hated me and he said he didn't hate me, but he still doesn't like me that much. I'm really confused and I just want to know what you guys think.

I just think he's very shy and probably confused... just as confused as you are. So do you really have a crush on him? What would you like to happen?

Hello there,
Maybe you should be honest with him and ask him to be honest with you... Tell him your not sure on his sexuality and just want to know where you would stand and say to him you admire him to some degree and have a mild crush but dont go over the top your scare him off otherwise

Hi. Yeah, like PA said, he's probably really confused. Gently take the lead here and...try talking to him more. Just a simple hi would do, I think. If he ever comes to where you work again, say hi....don't expect a conversation, but just...smile and show him you have noticed him. Also, another thing you could is, like his posts on facebook from time to time...just to show him that you are not oblivious.. And, well, see whare it goes from there. Don't be too pushy though. Maaybe um...well, I think you should aim for friendship first and....yea :] Please stick around and tell us what happened... :]

i forgot to mention that one day when we were in class, we were talking and no one else was around us and i made him laugh and he laughed like he would with anyone else... but like i said in the original post, anytime someone else is around, he tries to hide the laughter...

by the way, i'm the original poster... lol

Well, like I said above, he is probably not quite sure as to how he should react and all...how people would take it...have you decided on what you're going to do?

i guess i'm just going to try talking to him and try becoming friends with him... It's definitely a tricky situation...

Good luck, mate. You're gonna make it, I'm more than certain. Please just keep us informed! :]

evchado32 Wrote:by the way, i'm the original poster... lol

I think we got that, Evchado... and so, by the way, Welcome to GaySpeak....

I like SlipknotRIZZ's suggestion to click the LIKE button on his Facebook page, but then he's got to put up things that he shares, if he doesn't it's going to be complicated.

I'm wondering if you could put up a link to GaySpeak or some other gay site that you enjoy (nothing sexual in nature for FB, or too compromising) so that your guy might recognise the fact that you are gay (if he is too)... but maybe that's rushing it a bit. You are young and you might not want others to find out.

If you two are connected through Facebook, you can, however, send him messages that remain private, can't you? So suggestions that are a little compromising can go through that channel. Better make sure, first that he's not homophobic, as that might alter your relationship with him and jeopardise you, potentially (slurring, bullying, sexual or emotional blackmail...)

Another way to stay in contact and get to know each other is through texting... What about giving him your number (if you have a mobile phone) and asking him for his? Tell him he can call you, to go out, hand out, catch a movie, get an ice cream or go for a walk, play a video game, or if he needs help at school, or advice. Tell him you might need his help at some point too.