Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think if the idea interesting or not?
Some real persons will be involved in my story hidden behind mask of the grotesque. I hope they never recognize themself. And will never claim many for copyrite. )))I think satire is a best revenge))
It is my love story wich i developed with my imagination.
Maybe the tytle of that unwritten book will be Romeos destress like a titlle of song of the band Christian Death.
Thank you!)

They probably will not see themselves Big Grin

partis Wrote:They probably will not see themselves Big Grin

I will write in russian, not in my (per) version of English)))... so they might recognize themselves)

This is the only fantasy gay love story I have ever seen or read.....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK4RJ7YJqREH0Q2YOnj1S...P9AY1K4LXg]

^^^ I read that series long long ago... At the time I didn't even know it was going to be about gay....

As for writing a new story... Understand that all the stories that ever can be have already been written. Chaucer or Shakespeare did them all.

http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/plotFARQ.html explains it all.

So any story you write is going to be like _______________ - Sure, different named character on a different world/at a different time - the background setting will be different, the dialog in a different language, but its all going to be the 'same' as a story already written.

The masters of fiction pull it off because they can paint new interesting characters, or put in interesting details in their world. They have witty or surprising dialog that strings the reader on. But the story, the basic plot has been done - redone.

All stories boil down to resolving a conflict. Maybe not a war, but something, some conflicting thing - is going on and our protagonist needs to find resolution. How s/he does that, and what venture you take us on to get it done may be interesting, if you can keep from falling into obvious strings... That is a hard one.... you can get a reader interested in a story where no one gets killed, no one gets terrified, no one is thrilled.

I read the Amber Series long ago, I found the whole concept to be nice. So yeah, I can see it done with gay characters... But if you make it overl gay you will be greatly diminishing your reader audience.

Mercedes Lackey (As Mr. Tinklers pointed out) didn't let on that this was a gay story until after you bout the book or started reading it. And the first book of the series was so well done and the story so 'good' most people who wouldn't read a 'gay novel' completed it and reached for the next in the series.

The 'gay' was there, but it wasn't everywhere, and it definitely wasn't the main thrust of the story. The main thrust of the story was about Magic and of course the conflict, and the story just happened to a guy who was gay.

Now if you can pull that off, kudos to you. Unfortunately too many people start off wanting to write a gay story and that is exactly what they got. So instead of looking at your story as must having gay characters, try working on it with straight characters to flesh out the real story and let the fact that characters are gay be more of an 'oh by the way.....' instead of the main feature.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:As for writing a new story... Understand that all the stories that ever can be have already been written. Chaucer or Shakespeare did them all.
Borges said there are only four stories
I think he was right.
But I can to resort to stilistic means of a postmodern, which uses elements of a literary legasy aspuzzles for creation of a new image.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:^^^
So yeah, I can see it done with gay characters... But if you make it overl gay you will be greatly diminishing your reader audience
Mercedes Lackey (As Mr. Tinklers pointed out) didn't let on that this was a gay story until after you bout the book or started reading it. And the first book of the series was so well done and the story so 'good' most people who wouldn't read a 'gay novel' completed it and reached for the next in the series..
I've no choice.
But I will try another way to resolve this situation in my own favor. I’ve made decision to resort to stilistic masquerade which will help to reduce gender unambiguity to intriguing ambivalence (as on paintings of Edward Burn-Jones) "She" not always means "She".
I want to put the reader in the ambiguous
contradictonary situation in which the reader risks to be lost in his own interperetations.
"It looks like … but I am not sure"
I love story where the ambiguity flirts with reader's the imagination. The secret is always intrigues

Thanks!