Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you wait for the upcoming Olympics like I do?
I always watch the Olympics. Feeling very conflicted about them this year.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I am increasingly disillusioned with anything to do with the Olympics. It's no longer a question of just taking part but of winning national glory and taking drugs. As far as the Games at Sochi are concerned, there was a BBC programme on recently that investigated all the corruption that had gone on in the building the resort. It has cost billions more than the original estimate, millions if not billions has "disappeared", mostly in to the pockets of Putin's cronies who owned the major construction companies involved. This is not what sport is about.

As far as the restrictions on gays are concerned, in the same programme, the Mayor of Sochi proclaimed that there were no gays in Sochi, and this in spite of the fact that the reporter presenting the programme had visited a gay club the night before to find out for himself.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Oh man, I thought this thread was about Rio 2016 hahaha

dfiant1 Wrote:And drinking beer while riding a Kangaroo to the Barbeque so I can throw another shrimp on the barbie.....MATE Wink

THAT... That was pure poetry!
But you forgot to tell everyone a Dingo are your baby at Uluru!

and a dingo ate my baby at Uluru...MATE

dfiant1 Wrote:and a dingo ate my baby at Uluru...MATE

Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Joshular Wrote:Thanks for clearing that up!!!

You're more than welcum Wink

dfiant1 Wrote:You're more than welcum Wink

SLUT!
>.o
But anyway. I probz won't watch the winter Olympics. Why?
Cos I just don't do sport watching. It doesn't make testosterone flow threw my body like it dose with so many other people. I just don't understand it and I always root for the team that'd make most people unpleased :3

The athletes have trained so hard and for so long that I feel it would be asking too much for them to boycott.

Instead, perhaps those LGB athletes could wear a Rainbow ribbon or flag on their clothing to show their support for our LGBT brothers and sisters who are being persecuted in Russia.

Although I'm not too certain where Tom Daley would wear such a device! He seems to be lacking in the fabric department as it is!