Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Gay Sex have a purpose?
Thank you Azulai for a fascinating reply. Indeed thank you all for your replies.

azulai Wrote:Anyway, both of these hormones promote “pair bonding.” So, sex and emotional attachment do have a scientific link.

I suppose I ought to add my tuppence worth too..

Speaking purely from personal experience, sex does tend to bring me and my bf closer together emotionally speaking. So I do believe that gay sex has a purpose of 'pair-bonding'.

If heterosexual sex was purely about fertilisation (reproduction is a very big topic with lots of facets) then straight women would only want sex during their fertile period and straight men only be sexually interested in them at that time. Since straight couples repeatedly have sex when the chance of conception is very low then I think we can safely say, from a biological point of view, that straight sex is about more than fertilisation. So it shouldn't be too surprising if some of the biological functions of straight sex also apply to gay couples.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

[SIZE="3"]
Sex is the celebration of life itself.

It sends fresh oxygen to the brain, increasing intellegence and the ability to hold clear images in memory. Therefore it enhances your ability to perform well at work or at school, especially if U R a professional who requires a vivid and active imagination. It releaves pent up tension and calms the mind. It greatly extends your lifespan because people who enjoy life live longer and stay healthier.

Any more questions ?
[/SIZE]

Yeah it has a purpose, how else can you get male intimacy with other males AND stimulate the prostate? :biggrin:

DOMITIAN Wrote:It sends fresh oxygen to the brain, increasing intellegence and the ability to hold clear images in memory.

I hate to be a pedant but it's the heart and lungs that send oxygen to the brain. Sex increases the oxygen demand of other tissues. Has anybody noted a significant number of people becoming dim-witted following a breakup? I haven't.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Darling, sex is for pleasure and for babies Smile

fredv3b Wrote:I hate to be a pedant but it's the heart and lungs that send oxygen to the brain. Sex increases the oxygen demand of other tissues. Has anybody noted a significant number of people becoming dim-witted following a breakup? I haven't.

It is scientific fact that sexual activity extends your lifespan and enhances your health. Heart desease is closely linked to a sudden drop in Testosterone levels in men. Healthy sex into your 70s greatly increases your resistance to heart desease.

Sex increases the heart rate and inflates the lungs to their fullest capacity, simultaniously sending fresh oxygen to the entire brain.
U have sex with your brain, in case U did not know !

Sex the about the healthiest thing U can do with yourself, especially if your R getting pounded in the prostate by a healthy male partner !

Gay sex for me is about absolute satisfaction, generally, and spiritual bonding, when in loving relationships!

seeking Wrote:silly question..............REPRODUCTION

lol
to me is the most intimate interaction between lovers...represents many things

Actually,WRONG! Two guys having sex can't reproduce... read the question!

I beleive tha since gay sex does not produce ofspring its a much more pure expression of love and atraction. there is no motive other then joy.

For me the purpose of gay sex is my expression of my love for another man. I think we all need loving and cuddling and the touch of another person in our lives and of course for me that would be with another guy. Of late my cuddles have been with my pillow so I must be what they call a pillow lover