Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does age matter?
Someone found me online and we've been talking to each other since. The only thing is that he is 16 and i am 22. I do feel like he's really young but he thinks age doesn't mean s***.

Hes actually my first bf and weve just been talking a lot, letting it go naturally/drawn out which feels good. It's definetly different than any relationship ive been in before except maybe last summer when another boy was hitting on me/also found me online lol but i guess whatever reasons i didn't feel ready/into it enough at the time but now i am really drawn to my friend and he's really into me.

I think younger people like me cause i look young, a lot of people think i look like a kid sometimes lol and i guess maybe deep down im sort of like a kid, i dont care much for the establishment and a lot of the society/religion bs personally lol , at least the intolerant parts of it.

Also understand when we first started talking online, he told me he was 19 - which would be better i guess but a few days later he confessed he's really 16 but also in love with me . So i guess i don't know im curious if anyone thinks this sort of age gap is an issue.

I mean we are 6 years a part i guess :/ but i feel like we sort of crossed paths at the right time and our relationships been growing since.

Anyone here ever have age conflict like this? Do you think it matters at the end of the day?

Also btw we both don't want to come out to our families anytime soon so that isn't even an issue with this.

Thanks for reading. Peace to you all!

well, there were too many threads relating to this and my answer would still be the same, 'AGE DOESN'T MATTER'. Hell, i don't care whether two couples, 50 years apart for as long as they're into each other. 16 isn't yet of legal age but it's not considered a child either. it's enough that both of you find comfort in each other's company and are happy, i don't see any problem.

Age only matters when the other person is like 10 years old, that would be absolutely ridiculous. But in your case, it's perfectly fine.

In my opinion 16 could be too young for you. A lot of maturing happens between 16 - 20. For his sake you may want to consider giving him some space and encouraging him to date closer to his age. Not sure where you live but legal issues could become a problem if you engage in sex.

Have you actually met him? it's easy to fall for your idea of who someone is. How do you know he really is 16, he could be younger, he has lied to you once.

I think, as long as it's legal and both are consenting the age difference is fine.

I totally agree with Jfierce on this one. A lot happens to a boy in his late teens, and these things can cause so much trouble in later life. Be very careful my friend.

true, i've thought that too, that he has a lot to go through psychologically.

im definetely gonna be careful/take it slow, maybe tell him he may be better off with his age. we do give each other a lot of space though tho

If he was under 16 i'd definetely break it off, but i dont think thats the case. he is from new jersey though so legal issues aren't a problem.

i guess he could be too young though, he definetely has a lot to go through. i guess for now im going to give a lot of space, when i meet him i think im gonna talk to him more seriously about his age.

giving him space doesn't mean you're saying "hey, let's cool off a bit. why not date someone else"...>?

I met the Love of my life when I was 14 and when we were 17 we started to date. we are still Very much in love. If 2 people love each other that is what matters. I agree with the underage thing but Love before age and then everything that comes after that falls into place. If you love him keep him. The world needs more people who love each other. Please add your names to the list.....when you are ready!.

Nothing wrong with age gaps. I lost my virginity when I was 16 to a guy in his 60's XD so I can't say anything bad about age gaps. Though I don't recommend running off and having sex with him at his current age due to legal issues. In some states within the States (USA) it's considered age of consent at age 16, whereas other locations consider it to be 18 to 21. The only problem I have with it is the legal issue ordeal.