Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone really know the real you?
I find this an interesting question. There are people who enjoy being themselves no matter what and you can know everything about them. But I myself know that there is a heck of a lot more to many people than they let on.
The reason I am asking this is because I will confess that I don't think there is a single person I have ever met that truly knows me. I tend to keep things that way for some untold reason.
Also, my friends tend to keep many things from me as well, so I don't ever fully feel that I know anyone either. :confused:

Is this true for anyone else?

I find this true... hard to explain, but being as I'm always so quiet and shy... its hard to let go and show what I think could be my true self... tbh, I don't think even I know the real me.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I find this true... hard to explain, but being as I'm always so quiet and shy... its hard to let go and show what I think could be my true self... tbh, I don't think even I know the real me.

You don't seem quiet and shy on MSN m8! As for self analysis that is a dangerous path and can lead to mental problems, Be as you are and be happy.Wink

Enigma Wrote:You don't seem quiet and shy on MSN m8! As for self analysis that is a dangerous path and can lead to mental problems, Be as you are and be happy.Wink

Online is much different to how I am in real life... online I have a chance to express myself more easier. I find it much harder face-2-face.

Everybody has some secrets inside.So it is totally OK that u don't tell friends something and they don't share some with u. It is natural.

Internet changes a lot. You can share things here,really.

Aha. As from my long post the other day I think you can understand that there are many factors to me, as there is with every other person.

I doubt anyone will ever truely know someone. Now nobody truely knows me, theres so many sides, features and all that.. And im sure thats the case with everyone.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Whilst I think generally-speaking people don't know the real you, or the real me, or the real anybody, there are times when your closest friends and loved ones can actually know you better than you know yourself ...

So I think it often comes out in the wash ...

Added to which, I think knowing you on the level you're intimating would mean they'd have to be borderline psychic, as it's the kind of knowledge that only a full-on best mate or live-in lover would have, and even then only after years of companionship ... so I don't perceive people not knowing the full and real you as a bad thing - it just means they're still working on it Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Truly, Madly, Deeply my answer is no, no-one knwos the real me, not even myself which is quite scary but true. I have learned a lot about myself in the past year or so and I am still learning and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon :biggrin:

Sometimes people can surprise you, they can know you better than you think. To go to the extreme... about a month ago i met someone who told me all my life my feelings and a lot more only from looking (not talking) at me 10 mins in a restaurant but that rarely happens and i think he has somewhat a special ability to understand people. For other people to know someone that someone must know himself and allow people to see who he is. Takes time and a lot of effort to build trust with others and is fragile. Have to be patient, forgiving/understanding, consistent and non-judgmental because every time that something shakes that trust have to make repairs but some choose to quit and goes to ruins.

There are always things that you wont talk about or others are not willing to hear. However recently i realized that as private as most of the people choose to be for X reasons we will be happier if we let people come a little closer. Be more welcoming to the ones who really want to know us.

As for myself yes i felt the same way especially since i start working and socializing with new people from a different culture or background than mine and seems that there is always a limit, set from them or me.
To be fair friends that know me fro more than 5-10 years do know me well. As much as i change i still remain the person they met long time ago. I am sure that one person knows me well.

Well i think it's as simple as 'people change'. Tomorrow you might not have the same views you had yesterday.

I am not really a person that is set in belief... I tend to change my views and opinions a lot, I am open to change and open to hearing people's opinions.

I also don't like to burden people with my own worries so I rarely divulge my feelings and worries on them. Doesn't mean they don't know ME, just don't know my problems lol.

I like to think of it this way.
If you can communicate in French on a day to day basis, you can say "I know French". You probably won't know every single French word... but you know French.

Same with people. You can know a person enough to understand them but you don't have to know every single tiny detail to be able to say you know them Confusedmile: