Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone watch soap operas and which ones?
Hi does any one watch soap operas and whichs ones?

I did when I was younger. But then I realized the story lines seemed to loop, as well as the story lines being similar in each soap. After a while I found it too repetitive and stopped watching.

I have been watching the Young and the Restless since probably about 1977.

and this is nearly... 2013?

I got hooked on it when I was a little kid home from school from summer vacation, and my grandmother watched it while she was watching me.

she used to get pretty worked up over Victor, and as she said, "that ole Phyllis"

to this day when I watch it I wonder if she is watching it with me from Heaven. :-)

Rawr Wrote:I did when I was younger. But then I realized the story lines seemed to loop, as well as the story lines being similar in each soap. After a while I found it too repetitive and stopped watching.

Which soaps did you watch?

Eastenders mainly, Coronation street once or twice due to others watching it.

I actually lie, because I do quite enjoy Neighbors from the few times I've watched it. I only watch the odd episode every few months, but it's quite good. I use to watch Eastenders every night, but then things just seemed to repeat themselves.

rover330 Wrote:I have been watching the Young and the Restless since probably about 1977.

and this is nearly... 2013?

I got hooked on it when I was a little kid home from school from summer vacation, and my grandmother watched it while she was watching me.

she used to get pretty worked up over Victor, and as she said, "that ole Phyllis"

to this day when I watch it I wonder if she is watching it with me from Heaven. :-)

I used to watch Sunset Beach. Smile

If The L Word counts, then yes. That's it. I watched a few others out of curiosity and never could get into them.

I have been watching the Young & Restless since about 1989. I was sick from school for a whole week and was flipping around the channels and somehow got hooked on Y&R. It was the whole Cricket, Nina storyline where there was a killer roaming around and they were all dressed up for a ball and he was there ready to kill someone. Can't belive it is over 20 years later and I remember all of that. Anway, I catch it now when I can, but miss alot of what is going on. There was a time I used to tape it each day on the vcr and watch it at night before I went to bed. UGH!

My all-time favorite character on Y&R: Jack Abbott

I got stuck in the house for a summer, ended up watching Guiding Light and As The World Turns pretty religiously. I still feel the shame of those early afternoons...

I watched General Hospital and One Life to Live when I was growing up. My mom and sister watched them so I just watched with them. I have a day job so I miss most of the soaps. However, I have been keeping up with Days of Our Lives, mainly because of Sonny and Will. They are a gay couple that have recently just got together. There's a little blog that shows clips of them and I visit it almost daily, unless I'm off that day, I just watch the episode on tv.