Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he hate me?
I went out a couple times w/this guy. We texted a lot and after he told me he liked me, he seem to stop texting so much…is that bad? lol and Why do I always feel like the more involved I get w/someone the more I feel that they do not like me anymore or they are lying to me?

Well we do hangout, and when I ask if he wants to he agrees and we set a date. I also found out tonight that he has been busy at work (he’s a manager) getting ready for a big sale. He is the one usually asking if I wanna hangout anyways, it goes back and forth. But I hope he hasn’t lost interest, I really like him too, but why would you lose interest for someone after they were the one who said they like you? that makes no sense at all. And he did text me during this busy week, seeing how my Halloween went, and texting me randomly texting me that he thinks he broke his hand.

Am I just over reacting?

I think we're missing a piece of the puzzle here... you said that you guys texted a lot and after he said he liked you, he stopped texting. What do you mean exactly? What was the transition like?

Did he literally say I like you and right after that stop texting you as much or was it a gradual process?

Just seems like something's missing...

There is a reason why all of these retailers are hiring extra help (seasonal help).

He most likely has stopped texting you so much because he has been slammed at work. Life of the retailer is not 'fun' this time of year. With Christmas being the largest consumer holiday, stores have to push product and be open longer in order to sell, sell, sell.

As Thanksgiving approaches the work load slowly increased. Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving until December 24 the intensity of the job will be huge. This means you have yet to see the busy week - not by a long shot.

On top of this there could be a lot of other reasons.

Such as the debate we often have 'Am I being too needy?' this leads to people pulling back, and staring at the phone wondering 'should I call or shouldn't I?'

After all most of us understand that there is a line between healthy relationships and codependency, most of us have no idea where that line is, and if you talk to your friends you will have them saying 'don't call' and 'do call' and 'you are texting too much' and 'you are texting too little'.

I would find out when is next day off is, ask him to dinner. Then cook a meal for him at your house and put no pressure on him. Make it a relaxing 'date'. Maybe pop in a few movies, let him kick off his shoes - whatever. Do not pressure him for sex, or anything along those lines. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't happen don't take it personal.

If he wasn't interested at all, you wouldn't get a text message. He wouldn't have bothered to include you in his thoughts about a potential broken hand. He wouldn't have cared how your Halloween went....

Do a very casual, at home, relaxing night with him. Show him you know that he is a hard worker and have no real interest in putting undo pressure on him.

well it gradually proceeded to be less texting, and I think you have a point @ bowyn aerrow, Thank you guys for your help, it calmed me down a bit and that actually sounds like a cute date, @bowyn aerrow Smile

You guys have any other good advice? I only had 1 relationship before. Like when is it too soon to have sex, when do you make it offical, and any other good advice you can give. pls! Smile

It sounds to me like you might be smothering him a little bit. I mean, really, I've got no idea, but that's just the vibe I get. Maybe pull back a bit. Don't act like you're not interested (because you are), but don't get all upset about him not texting you.

He does, after all, have a broken hand.