Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don we now our gay apparel - LGBT Holiday movies
So, am I the only one who will watch and enjoy the pure cheesiness of a Hallmark Christmas movie?

I would've put these posts in the TV section, but the threads tend to be for TV series, not one shot movies, and these movies have been in the news, so I guess they work here.

This holiday season has 4 LGBT movies being released.  I'm not sure if there are other viewing options besides the network I'm giving in the information, but there may be other ways to see these films.

The Christmas House -  Airing on Hallmark this Sunday, November 22nd.

Working through some difficult decisions, Mitchell family matriarch Phylis and patriarch Bill, have summoned their two grown sons – TV star, Mike Mitchell and Brandon Mitchell – home for the holidays. It is their hope that bringing the family together to recreate the Christmas house, will help them find resolution and make a memorable holiday for the entire family and community. As Brandon and his husband Jake make the trip home, they are anxiously awaiting a call about the adoption of their first child. Meanwhile, Mike reconnects with Andi, his high school sweetheart.

Happiest Season -  Airing on Hulu this Wednesday, November 25th.

Meeting your girlfriend’s family for the first time can be tough. Planning to propose at her family’s annual Christmas dinner — until you realize that they don’t even know she’s gay — is even harder. When Abby (Kristen Stewart) learns that Harper (Mackenzie Davis) has kept their relationship a secret from her family, she begins to question the girlfriend she thought she knew. Happiest Season is a holiday romantic comedy that hilariously captures the range of emotions tied to wanting your family’s acceptance, being true to yourself, and trying not to ruin Christmas.

The Christmas Set Up -  Airing on Lifetime this Saturday, December 12th.

The Christmas Setup chronicles the romantic adventures of Hugo, a New York City lawyer (Lewis) who returns home to Milwaukee with his best friend, Madelyn (Ellen Wong), to celebrate the holidays with his family, that being his mother, Kate (Fran Drescher), and his brother, Aiden (Chad Connell). As it turns out, Kate is in charge of the local Christmas celebrations. As it also turns out, Kate likes to play matchmaker. And she does just that with Hugo, aligning the stars so that her son crosses paths with his old high school friend/crush, Patrick (Lee). Hugo and Patrick quickly find themselves attracted to each other, but.... Hugo is about to learn that he's up for a killer promotion that would necessitate a relocation to London. What will they decide? Will Hugo choose love or career?

Dashing In December -  Airing on Paramount Network, simulcast on Logo, TV Land, and Pop on Sunday, December 13th.

Dashing in December follows Wyatt (played by Peter Porte, Baby Daddy), a sophisticated, New York City financier who returns home for the holidays in an effort to convince his mother, Deb (played by Andie MacDowell, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Groundhog Day) to sell the family’s ranch and beloved magical Winter Wonderland attraction. In the midst of his mission, an unexpected romance ignites with the new ranch hand Heath (played by Juan Pablo Di Pace, Fuller House) reawakening the spirit of Christmas. The film also stars Caroline Harris (Westworld) and Carlos Sanz (Stronger, Crank).”

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • andy

Only the last one sounds like the usual formula of ‘main character has to do something anti-Christmas (sell Christmas-based business/fire employees on Christmas Eve/get local candy-cane producer to sign rights to store so it and rest of small close-knit town can be bulldozed to create a gym’ with ‘but when they meet local baker/coffee shop owner/bookstore manager, a widower with perfect child’ then main character ‘discovers a place for Christmas and unexpected romance in their heart’.

Personally I’m looking forward to this years ‘A Queen for Christmas’ - where Ewan McGregor (playing himself) decides to build a new mansion over the sweet town of Feetsville. Not all the locals are happy at packing up at Christmas, so when Ewan flies into town to get the contract signed, he’s got little time for jingling bells. All of that’s about to change however when he meets the charming local boot seller - leaving Ewan questioning his feelings towards Christmas, footwear and his sexuality. Also starring someone you saw in Charmed one time and two cast members from Sunset Beach.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.
[-] The following 1 member Likes IanSaysHi's post:
  • Cridders88

Ba Humbug. Not interested in these movies-by-numbers any time of the year. I’m allergic to artificial sweeteners.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

(11-21-2020, 09:56 AM)IanSaysHi Wrote: Personally I’m looking forward to this years ‘A Queen for Christmas’ - where Ewan McGregor (playing himself) decides to build a new mansion over the sweet town of Feetsville. Not all the locals are happy at packing up at Christmas, so when Ewan flies into town to get the contract signed, he’s got little time for jingling bells. All of that’s about to change however when he meets the charming local boot seller - leaving Ewan questioning his feelings towards Christmas, footwear and his sexuality. Also starring someone you saw in Charmed one time and two cast members from Sunset Beach.

Grlaugh Grlaugh Grlaugh
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The only gay holiday movies I want to see are homoerotic Halloween monster movies