Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donating to Gay Speak
Have you ever Donated to Gay Speak? Or if you haven't have you got any plans to donate in the near future?

(ps didn't know if this was the right forum or not?

Yes and thanks for the reminder. It's about time I did it again.

yes Steven more than once, and as I get caught up on bills I will do it again, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

No.. and probably not.
I don't find the person who owns it to be particularly caring, and the site is clunky and hard to navigate. If the site owner cared more, and put more into it, I might, but seeing as I don't even know who the site owner is.. ( he's never bothered to introduce himself, and obviously doesn't have much time invested in this ) I don't see myself supporting him.

boxerdc Wrote:No.. and probably not.
I don't find the person who owns it to be particularly caring, and the site is clunky and hard to navigate. If the site owner cared more, and put more into it, I might, but seeing as I don't even know who the site owner is.. ( he's never bothered to introduce himself, and obviously doesn't have much time invested in this ) I don't see myself supporting him.

You'd be supprised how much effort it takes to support websites, and having the website here to begin with is showing that they are caring else it would not be here.
Clunky and hard to navigate its a standard forum built by VBullitin which you will find on most forums, so navigation is no problem if you have ever used a forum before.

I have donated by the way but i guess its because i know more about websites than most people :p.

CardShark Wrote:You'd be supprised how much effort it takes to support websites, and having the website here to begin with is showing that they are caring else it would not be here.
Clunky and hard to navigate its a standard forum built by VBullitin which you will find on most forums, so navigation is no problem if you have ever used a forum before.

I have donated by the way but i guess its because i know more about websites than most people :p.

Amen, sista.

Sadly i haven't and shan't be for the forseeable future, as i have £4000 of debt plus student debt and that £1000 i owe my parents and i now owe my friend Cian €100 cos i had a cigarette and i can go on...

Otherwise i would.

CardShark Wrote:You'd be supprised how much effort it takes to support websites, and having the website here to begin with is showing that they are caring else it would not be here.

Having worked for AOL in the 90's I've built my fair share of websites, and I'm a member of several community forums. This is the first one where I haven't actually been welcomed by it's owner personally, and the only one where I don't get instant updates on posts that have been quoted. Getting an update that I've been quoted a week after it's happened is useless as the conversation has generally moved on.

I'm just saying that I expect more commitment from whoever owns the site before I'm willing to give him any of my hard earned money.